Texas Fishing Forum

TAWAKONI Big fish day

Posted By: PlanoKeith

TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/23/16 10:30 PM

Mike B (Flounder )and I planned a trip to Tawakoni today and it was a good plan. We hit the lake at day light and went searching. First stop was nothing so we moved on. While we were moving we spotted some top water of Hybrid and Striper and stopped and landed about 20 fish. 3 of those were keepers. This lasted about 45 mins and then died down. So we went to where all the boats were and picked up one little one so we decided to go find some more. Ended up in the edge of the under water trees and found a good school of big fish. We got a good limit of Hybrid/ Striper and several magnum sand bass. It was a great trip we were in cleaning fish by noon. Thanks Mike for taking me and i had a blast.

Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/23/16 11:07 PM

Wowza Keith!!! That is a good trip and you got off the lake before it got extremely hot.
We're y'all using lures or bait?
Posted By: jbobo

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/23/16 11:08 PM

Awesome! Looks as if ya'll had a blast. thumb
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/23/16 11:46 PM

Awesome and congrats, Keith and Mike! Those fish sure look like lake record huge! grin

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/24/16 12:00 AM

Gene were using swim baits and jig heads from www.moestackleshop.com on the top water and went to live bait in th end smile
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/24/16 12:43 AM

Very nice Keith & Mike
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/24/16 02:11 AM

Nice fish! thumb

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/25/16 10:25 PM

Thanks Everyone. Mike and i had a good time. The swim bait that i was using is one of Moe's newest with the big paddle tail for super action. These have great movement . I was using the nana glow. Thanks Mike Oser at www.moestackleshop.com
https://moestackleshop.com/product/slimshadee-paddle-tail-swimbait/
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/25/16 10:51 PM

Looks like a good trip! Tawakoni sure is a great lake! Nice fish
Posted By: TheDobber

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/26/16 01:19 AM

Nice going Keith & Mike!
That is a great fishing lake.
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/26/16 01:08 PM

Nice ones!
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/26/16 05:22 PM

Way to go Keith. I took the wife and 2 grandkids last Thursday. We didn't get into the big fish but caught lots of sandbass.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: TAWAKONI Big fish day - 07/26/16 06:20 PM

Looks like awesome times!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum