Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville in the morning

Posted By: Jobucko

Lewisville in the morning - 07/20/16 01:44 PM

I have not fished Lewisville in several months and thought I'd try it early in the morning. Hoping to get into some hybrids. My thought was to start on the main lake and cruise past twin poles towards the dam cut. I will be trolling or casting if I can see them on the surface.
Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Lewisville in the morning - 07/20/16 04:55 PM

You can catch good numbers of small whites in the cut early on just about anything you normally throw for them. White rooster tails work well. Then move around to locate fish once the sun comes up. Check windy points, banks and humps.
Posted By: Captain - Noel Ibarra

Re: Lewisville in the morning - 07/20/16 08:20 PM

Agree 100%
Posted By: Fishing_Frank33

Re: Lewisville in the morning - 07/21/16 12:33 AM

For hybrids I don't agree I caught a 28 inch in the cut dead sticking

Re: Lewisville in the morning - 07/21/16 01:35 AM

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll let you know how things work out.

Re: Lewisville in the morning - 07/21/16 05:11 PM

Went this morning early. Caught 12 largemouth before turning my attention to the hybrids. Caught a few smallish white bass but no hybrids. I did see one HUGE surface boil right in the opening where the old Fish Hatchery cuts through. I actually heard them breaking the surface and I was probably 1/4mile away. They didn't stay up more than 2-3 minutes and were gone before I got to them.
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Lewisville in the morning - 07/21/16 07:44 PM

Some days during the summer you can catch lots of hybrids in an area just casting something and retrieving just below the surface such as a chrome rattle trap, crank bait, swim bait, A-rig or slab. The fish may not surface ever or only a few times but they do suspend in the water column in the area. Those can be great days on the water. I have also seen people float corks with shad or minnows and wear the fish out as well. Good luck next time out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum