Texas Fishing Forum

Bridgeport....anyone been lately

Posted By: ddmm

Bridgeport....anyone been lately - 07/14/16 07:42 PM

we tried to go up there on the 5th but got run off by the storms. Anyone been this past weekend. I'll be putting in at Wise Cty. park and hoping to find some fish in the river portion and stay off the main lake.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Bridgeport....anyone been lately - 07/14/16 10:25 PM

Haven't been since the last big rains. Lost my mojo.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Bridgeport....anyone been lately - 07/15/16 02:26 AM

I haven't been to BP in a few weeks myself. Maybe I can go find your mojo. I lost mine also.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Bridgeport....anyone been lately - 07/15/16 12:02 PM

Slow and slower. Sandbass are easy enough with live Threadfin, Diluted thermocline has fish lock jawed to bottom. A few hybrids to 6 lbs, few and far between. Live bait , some people are down rigging.
Posted By: Karl J.S.

Re: Bridgeport....anyone been lately - 07/17/16 01:51 AM

Was there last weekend for first time in years. Caught a couple, by that I mean exactly two sandies. Around 1:00-1:30 it started to look promising between the Island and causeway, but then they disappeared.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Bridgeport....anyone been lately - 07/18/16 09:45 PM

That roadbed was hot about a month ago. Not sure where they went, somewhere deeper I'm sure.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Bridgeport....anyone been lately - 07/19/16 01:08 AM

My kid and I gave BP a whirl Saturday. We caught a few whites, no hybrids, nothing remarkable. I never marked a school of fish anywhere I looked, we just picked up some stragglers I guess. There were several boats on the traditional hump, I didn't even bother to go there, I like fishing in peace.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum