Texas Fishing Forum

Pk

Posted By: raw40

Pk - 07/09/16 07:07 PM

Headed out to pk tomorrow was wondering about the water clarity? Going to be setting some free lines for cats and fishing for sandbass/striper all day. Going to be there 3-4 days and was hoping someone could lend me some info on where and how to fish it? Also if you know any good spots to drop the lines and where to find shad? Only fished there a few times and going to need some help! Thanks in advance!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Pk - 07/10/16 12:34 AM

Randy Wood says in the thread below this one that the lake is clear from south D & D to the dam. I have not fished the lake in about three weeks due to the rain and muddy water. before that, fishing was great with shad and poor with lures. Before the rain, once you had shad it was simply a matter of finding stripers with electronics.

Good Luck.
Posted By: Luke98

Re: Pk - 07/10/16 03:12 AM

Sure glad to hear its finally clearing up !!

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
Randy Wood says in the thread below this one that the lake is clear from south D & D to the dam. I have not fished the lake in about three weeks due to the rain and muddy water. before that, fishing was great with shad and poor with lures. Before the rain, once you had shad it was simply a matter of finding stripers with electronics.

Good Luck.
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Pk - 07/11/16 02:41 PM

Caught Stripers on Friday in hog bend area. Saturday also. Sunday was slow. Bait is easy in the creeks on the upper end of PK. Water is clearing and fishsable from Peanut Patch to dam.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Pk - 07/11/16 08:53 PM

Finally the clear is clearing up; We've had a place out there for 15 years and this worst I've ever seen it. Not counting the Golden Algae.
God willing I'll be on the lake this week end for a few days.

Posted By: TCK73

Re: Pk - 07/12/16 12:31 AM

The water definitely looks better, we went Sunday. It was very slow for us, very slow. The stripers we did catch were scrawny, we had a 22" that barely went 3 lbs.
Posted By: txhighcaliber

Re: Pk - 07/12/16 11:20 PM

The big ones are biting again that's for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum