Texas Fishing Forum

What's up with Ray Hubbard?

Posted By: Stump jumper

What's up with Ray Hubbard? - 06/27/16 05:41 PM

I have seen it this way before but last 2 trips out there were pitiful. I kind of wrote off Saturday morning because the wind was a real limiting factor. Even with the wind limiting our fishing spots I still expected better than one blue and a 12" sandie. Biggest fish I caught all day was about an 8lb blue in the cast net. While Lavon has been hot Hubbard has been cold for me. Went to Hubbard hoping to find some bigger fish after slaying the sandies on Lavon on Friday.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: What's up with Ray Hubbard? - 06/27/16 07:32 PM

SJ, Saturday was tough because of the wind. We only managed 30 fish but if the wind was light we would have done better. FYI, the afternoons on Hubbard have been really good.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: What's up with Ray Hubbard? - 06/27/16 11:32 PM

I was out there yesterday for the first time in over a year. I was really just out there to run the boat but had a few rods in the boat so decided to check a few of the regular spots. First spot I came to I found them on the graph and caught about 50 or so with one decent Hybrid in a hour and a half. Saw a few of the TFF Hubbard regulars out there catching them as well. The real story yesterday was the Bass fishing though. Caught more Bass yesterday than I could count!

Really made me wonder what I have been missing out there the last year. LOL
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: What's up with Ray Hubbard? - 06/28/16 12:33 AM

Fishing in general sucked for me on Saturday and sunday
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: What's up with Ray Hubbard? - 06/28/16 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
SJ, Saturday was tough because of the wind. We only managed 30 fish but if the wind was light we would have done better. FYI, the afternoons on Hubbard have been really good.
that figures. My rule is to be off Hubbard by noon. I use to fish it a lot in the evenings. I am guessing it is worse now with limited ramps. Even my by noon rule backfired Saturday when a Ski Nautique blocked both Heath ramps for close to a 1/2 hour trying to jump his battery.
Posted By: rongleaves

Re: What's up with Ray Hubbard? - 06/29/16 03:20 AM

It has been pretty tough on Hubbard. My son and I have fished it the last three evenings but did have fun tonight. We ended up catching 8 bass, most 2-3 pounds. Did catch a 4.5lb

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum