Texas Fishing Forum

Advice for Lewisville Please

Posted By: Timmychanga

Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 04:43 PM

I am going to visit my son and his wife in Lewisville and his house is near the lake.I plan on taking the Angry White Shark and put in near the bridge. I have targeted some humps on the map and was just wondering where to go better spots. I listed them 1-6 and hope I hit them right. Share with me and when you come my way I will put you on the fish. Most people wont give away their spots so you could PM me if you wish instead of posting. Lewisville fishermen please rate the spots 1-6 with a 1 being the worst and a 5 being the best. Or just PM me a good spot to try. THANKS

Example:

Posted By: Cast

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 04:59 PM

popcorn
Posted By: benp

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 05:04 PM

I would stay away form 1-4 right now for sure. Maybe 4 is worth a look but I would look more at 5 and 6 and the large point north of 5 also check out the cuts, We need Ray bob gates to shut fast so the fishing will get good!
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 05:20 PM

5, 6 and the cuts are lot of blue cats right now. Hybrids and whites have moved other places. Ran a trip Sunday and today on Lewisville with only a few whites and 1 hybrid caught. Customers loaded the boat with blues on shad.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 08:20 PM

pm me. i can help.
Posted By: Suge The Fisho

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 08:38 PM

I've only tried 4, 5, and 6. My rank is 5, 6 and 4.
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Suge The Fisho
I've only tried 4, 5, and 6. My rank is 5, 6 and 4.

Agreed. 2 & 3 would be worth trying. They could be anywhere. Do not know #1. I rarely fish west of the bridge.
Posted By: BADLANDER

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 11:20 PM

[quote=benp] I would look more at 5 and 6 and the large point north of 5 also check out the cuts! [edited/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: oakpointaggie

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/27/16 11:49 PM

I was there about 5 tonight at the cut and saw some but could not get them to bite. I'm guessing they may have been big shad.

I went to 4 as well but didn't look around much. Saw what i thought was a school of white bass but no bite and then raced in before the rain. Wasn't a good afternoon but I'm not sure I gave it a fair shot.
Posted By: DanX

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/28/16 01:47 AM

2 and 3 didn't produce for me ast time I was there (last week). Marked some fish at 4 but nothing worth raving about. 6 had fish but they were mostly small fish. 5 had some good fish and North of 5 was also ok. The cuts probably held the best fish when I was out there and along any wind blown ledge also had some good fish. Good luck!
Posted By: Timmychanga

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/28/16 02:07 PM

I added two spots 7 and 8 upon review.
Posted By: DanX

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/28/16 04:16 PM

I would definitely check out 7 and 8. Again not sure about 1 but 2 and 3 didn't have anything when I was out there. Marked some fish at 4. 6 had fish but they were mostly small had a few keepers but not much. 5 held some fish in the early morning but I would check out just a bit north of that. Most fish I found were holding against wind blown ledges in about 20-25 fow.
Posted By: brianDFW

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/28/16 05:24 PM

If you are going after Hybrids and net some live shad or bluegill when you put in at the bridge try this order...6 only if not worried about structure and focused on Hybrids
Posted By: (Downwind Guide Service )

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/28/16 05:34 PM

Timmychanga I would definitely hit up these areas 4,7,5 and 8. This summer pattern has started set in now. The fish are on a constant move looking for shad and to survive. Also I'd stay in less than 25 FOW due to the thermocline. Some other ares to focus on,
Fish Hatchery Cut - AKA Party Cove Cut, Lake Dallas Cut, 121 Cut
As far as bait selection goes. I would be trolling deep diving crank baits 10-22 Ft range. Hellbenders with #13 Pet Spoon and I would be chunking Sassy Shad 3-4 inch glow and dip the tail in Chartreuse garlic dip & glow. Using a 1/2 - 3/4 oz jig head! Hope this helps have fun and be safe! cheers
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/28/16 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: benp
I would stay away form 1-4 right now for sure. Maybe 4 is worth a look but I would look more at 5 and 6 and the large point north of 5 also check out the cuts, We need Ray bob gates to shut fast so the fishing will get good!

Agree completely. 1-4 will be swarming with pleasure boaters. The open water humps around two poles (or lone pole now), and your spots marked 5 & 6 ought to be decent, along with the dam cuts.
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/30/16 03:26 PM

4,5,6,7,8 are worth looking at. I have sent you a pm.
Posted By: Fab

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 06/30/16 03:35 PM

Great post!
Lots of info to be gleaned here.
Posted By: Sailfish

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 07/01/16 12:27 AM

My 13 year old has finally agreed to join me fishing tomorrow and I am looking to find some fast and furious action - my son has never caught a fish off my boat yet - a fact he will not let me forget. All advice gladly received. It would be nice for him to have a great experience and join me in future expeditions.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Advice for Lewisville Please - 07/01/16 12:43 AM

Sailfish, what time are you gonna be out tomorrow?
Text me if your out in the morning.
214.534.9330 Tom
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum