Texas Fishing Forum

Whitney Access?

Posted By: FujiFish47

Whitney Access? - 06/27/16 11:17 AM

Is there access to launch a boat at Whitney with the water being as high as it is?

Thanks
Posted By: Pawboom

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/27/16 11:53 AM

Dan Swindell is putting in at Habor Master
Posted By: Hawkpuppy 1

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/27/16 01:58 PM

Lakeside Village maybe...

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/27/16 04:41 PM

Thanks! Thinking about giving it a shot this weekend.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/28/16 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Pawboom
Dan Swindell is putting in at Habor Master

Dan is putting in at Harbor Resort.
you can put in at Juniper Cove
Posted By: rusty hurt1979

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/28/16 01:45 PM

i called all those places. they all told me that i couldnt launch. do ya gotta know someone or something?

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/28/16 04:32 PM

What Rusty said I called and received same answer.
Posted By: Dean74

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/29/16 01:02 AM

This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth! Don't waste your time coming to Whitney for at least another 3-4 weeks there is not a public ramp open to my knowledge and won't be until the ramps and roads dry out for 3 weeks after the water recedes. There are guides getting on the lake but they have a little more pull then the average guy.
Posted By: Treybiz

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/29/16 02:03 PM

Letting roads dry out is the killer... The road down to our ramp is dirt/rock and steep. When people start using it with high water and/or when it's soft it gets rutted up. The county doesn't exactly fix it all that often and the Core could care less. It makes a huge mess but most people don't seem to care. Mom texted me last night and said one of the guides passed by the house but didn't look like they had been out.
Posted By: acfatcat

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/29/16 04:44 PM

Is it Harbour Master that does the "honor pay" at the ramp?
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/29/16 07:04 PM

SOOOO!!! what is the answer guys, is there a usable ramp on Lake Whitney at this time?
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: Whitney Access? - 06/29/16 07:13 PM

Looks like they have been dropping the lake close to a foot a day for the last few days, so maybe some of the public access, privately operated ramps, could be open by the weekend, but you bet the COE ramps will be a while.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum