Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day

Posted By: Chris Richardson

Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/21/16 06:35 PM

The hybrid fishing on Cedar Creek has been great for the past couple of months. We had a couple of fun evenings on the water late last week with most fish caught in 22' to 28' early and 16' structures the last hour before dark. Slade helped me real in our largest at 26.5".

Michael has been on an incredible white bass bite the last few weeks so I was anxious to get down there and join him Saturday morning for a three boat trip on Livington. The fish didn't disappoint and all three boats limited in a couple hours on a main lake point in 16'(special thanks to Jeff from fishing addiction guide service for running the third boat for us). Livingston is still fishing great and Michael is taking limits to the dock both mornings and evenings.

After that my dad and I headed to the coast for fathers day with one goal in mind... limits of speckled trout on topwater. We were met with a large storm Saturday evening that wrecked the water in East Bay. We made some adjustments and found some new water that was holding a lot of fish. We didn't catch any monsters but solid limits none the less. The trout are really locked on shell in the bays right now.

I have a few weekend days available on Cedar Creek this summer if anyone wants to learn how to target and catch hybrids.

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/21/16 06:59 PM

Nice!
Posted By: big D

Re: Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/21/16 07:22 PM

That's how its done! Everyone needs a little salt in their life sometimes! Hybrids are great, but nothing like a trout coming to the surface and making a splash after a hookset! Nice haul and congrats on the time with dad and son!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/22/16 12:02 AM

Very nice! The Richardsons can catch fish anywhere! Great pics cheers
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/22/16 02:56 AM

Very nice Chris and any chance you can sneak away with dad is special. Congratulations.
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/22/16 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: SeaPro-Todd
Very nice! The Richardsons can catch fish anywhere! Great pics cheers

Yes they can. Some awesome trips right there!
Posted By: maxj

Re: Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/22/16 05:42 PM

fish PM Sent
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: Cedar Creek, Livingston, and Galveston Bay with my dad on Fathers Day - 06/23/16 01:29 PM

Yes sir we like to get a little salty every now and then. Wade fishing feels great this time of year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum