Texas Fishing Forum

MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket

Posted By: BlueNitro

MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 06/16/16 03:42 PM

Many of you (like myself) have gone to one of the motor-drive steering trolling motors (Xi5/Terrova) for their anchoring ability. If you are having an issue with the mounting of these units or are having damage occur due to contact while launching, loading or docking due to how far they stick out, I would like to offer up the following possible solution.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11664834#Post11664834

I don't know how many of you visit that section so I posted it up here as well. Mods - if you need to move or delete, I understand. I was just trying to share with fellow fishermen because I know we use these trolling motors and some may have issues with theirs.
Posted By: CypertJ

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 06/16/16 07:05 PM

I hung my xi5 on the roller my very first time launching after the install. Broke the side plate off, only cosmetic damage. After that I stopped backing my trailer in the water as far as I was for loading, and just unload a little bit crooked. No problems since
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 06/16/16 07:19 PM

looks good Ron.

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 06/23/16 06:22 PM

Thanks Phil.
Posted By: RudyDep

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 06/23/16 07:01 PM

Very Cool...

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 06/30/16 01:26 PM

I updated the video and pricing in the original post so check it out if you are interested.
Posted By: fe1

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 07/15/16 03:25 PM

I finally got the Liftsavertmount mount and MG xI5 installed on the Tracker ProCrappie 175 boat.I haven't had it on the water yet but seems like a very sturdy mounting platform.I pushed and pulled on the tmototor and there wasn't any flex in the mounting plates what so ever.
Stay tuned for possible pics later on.

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 07/15/16 06:25 PM

Here is a couple of pictures from fe1's install.

'Up' Position

'Down' Position

Definitely moves the TM back so you won't have any issues when launching or docking your boat.

Looks good fe1.
Posted By: fe1

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 07/16/16 12:20 AM

Thanks Ron I just have to get on the water now.
Posted By: j791

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 07/16/16 12:59 AM

Wow, I have an xi5 and that bracket looks great!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: MotorGuide Xi5 Mounting Bracket - 07/17/16 12:36 AM

Thanks buddy!!! Picked mine up from David this morning! Hopefully can get it on pretty soon!! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum