Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain Guide Report 06/13

Posted By: sandjohnny

Eagle Mountain Guide Report 06/13 - 06/14/16 01:00 AM

After taking off the weekend because of the muddy water. Had Jamie and Shannon and their sisters from
England out for some fishing today. Lake is still stained south of the island but much clearer
than last Friday. Hope the storm that came through don't foul it up. Caught some fish surfacing over
a creek channel. Slabbed quite a few up. slacked up and went looking for fish on humps and nobody home. then slabbed up some more on a shallow flat. Top water would have been better but no way were we going to cast. Since
we were slabbing we caught huge fish. Ended up with 95 and kept 65 for a fish fry tonight. All fish
caught on chartuese and white ole ugly slabs. These four ladies were a real hoot to fish with. They
are pretty good at talking trash.
Johnny
Posted By: Bob H

Re: Eagle Mountain Guide Report 06/13 - 06/14/16 02:16 AM

Great job on the guides part! Flood water is tough to fish and with 95 you figured it out.
Posted By: aclaimsman

Re: Eagle Mountain Guide Report 06/13 - 06/14/16 02:46 AM

I saw you and the girls near the Shady Grove area in the am. I had moved over to the east side of the lake when the storm hit and had to wait it out in a cove. Was pretty scary for a bit. After the storm, I finished the day back near Shady Grove and caught a limit. Water north of the island is still muddy, but seemed to clear south.
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Eagle Mountain Guide Report 06/13 - 06/14/16 02:07 PM

Nice job Johnny!
Posted By: hocdrummer

Re: Eagle Mountain Guide Report 06/13 - 06/14/16 08:54 PM

Sounds like a blast! Cant wait to get back out there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum