Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lavon Boat Ramps

Posted By: CougarFTD

Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/25/16 03:47 PM

Launched from Brockdale Park last weekend, would like to find a ramp that has a courtesy dock. Launching the boat with three kids by myself is a little tricky...Installing keel guard so I can run up on the ramp, but would prefer a ramp with dock any ideas???
Posted By: Jaydub

Re: Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/25/16 05:05 PM

Clear Lake has a dock but part of it has been taken out for repair.
Posted By: CougarFTD

Re: Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/25/16 05:48 PM

Thanks Jaydub!
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/25/16 05:54 PM

I was at clear lake the other day. The dock looks questionable.
Posted By: KungFuJimmy

Re: Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/25/16 10:38 PM

go check u.s.army corps of engine fish
Posted By: redloon

Re: Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/26/16 12:03 AM

Lavonia South Courtesy dock is tied up on the bank next to the walkway so it's a 4'-5' drop from the end of the walkway to the water. Also need to be careful so you don't run your boat over partially submerged metal railings.

Little Ridge courtesy dock was tied up on shore next to the walkway also. There is an orange ribbon at the top of the walkway that is supposed to keep you from going down the walkway to a dead end into the water. The restroom is open but no maintenance - urinal overflowing and S**t on the floor.

East Fork protected ramp has been closed for over a year due to road damage and the restroom at the top of the ramp has been closed forever.

Corps needs to perform a little maintenance on the facilities in my opinion.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/26/16 01:54 AM

Collin Park has a decent dock. But the ramp is not protected. It points east so if you have strong Sound wind, it's tuff getting your boat back into the trailer with the big rollers. Not too many good ramps on Lavon I am afraid.
Posted By: Thump My Jig

Re: Lake Lavon Boat Ramps - 05/26/16 01:57 AM

Mallard Park has a courtesy dock.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum