Texas Fishing Forum

Great Day at Ray Roberts, Friday - 5/20/16

Posted By: I love fishing

Great Day at Ray Roberts, Friday - 5/20/16 - 05/21/16 10:16 AM

Took dad and brother for some crappies. Got to the lake at 11am. The lake was not crowded at all. Saw lots of bass boats due to the tournament. First time three of us fished together. My brother never crappie fish before. We were catching them with "minners" at 20 to 35 fow on COE brushpiles about a foot above it. We didn't have much luck at the timbers at the start. So my main focus was to concentrate on the brushpiles. The bites were soft. I saw myself as a guide today to put them on fish. I experienced with jigs but minner outfished jigs in my opinion. We caught well over 100 crappies with about at least 39 throwbacks. On the way back to the ramp we ran into a big school of sandies. I had my sandie pole out all day. Gave my dad and brother a chartreuse slab and they were having a blast. What an epic finish! Caught over 50 sandies under 30 minutes. These sandies were huge! They're like Lake Lavon and Tawakoni size sandies. We just casted our slabs and reeled it in. Big sandies were under the small sandies so we let the slabs dropped near the bottom before we reeled it in. We kept 12" and up on sandies. Total caught for the day were 34 sandies and 67 crappies.

[URL=http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Guyjeni/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160520_202741_zpsud5w0zvn.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Yours truly with a double!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Great Day at Ray Roberts, Friday - 5/20/16 - 05/21/16 10:25 AM

That's an awesome day "guide" Guy! Never been to RR but have to put that in my bucket list.
Posted By: ABomb

Re: Great Day at Ray Roberts, Friday - 5/20/16 - 05/21/16 11:37 AM

big day
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Great Day at Ray Roberts, Friday - 5/20/16 - 05/21/16 02:01 PM

Nice pics great job can't wait to git back up there
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum