Texas Fishing Forum

Proctor and Hybrids?

Posted By: Thunk

Proctor and Hybrids? - 05/19/16 10:46 PM

Haven't been to Proctor in a while and was wondering if anyone is catching any Hybrids with consistency/quality?
Posted By: mwfishin

Re: Proctor and Hybrids? - 05/20/16 12:16 AM

Last I heard, all public boat launches were closed. Need the water to recede. I think it is still 7.5' over full.
Posted By: bowhunter247

Re: Proctor and Hybrids? - 05/20/16 11:19 AM

Called the COE office, said its not expected to re-open till around 18 June, that's why I headed to Cooper for the week..
Posted By: Thunk

Re: Proctor and Hybrids? - 05/21/16 12:44 PM

Thanks gentlemen. I wish they would manage their water better there. Doesn't seem like they care to much about the fishermen at that lake. Said before it was because of the farmers and pecan crop but I believe between a group of engineers they could figure something out. hammer
Posted By: fmclee

Re: Proctor and Hybrids? - 05/21/16 01:34 PM

They are, and have been releasing a fairly large amount of water. The problem is down stream. Nowhere to put it. Belton is over full also. Lakes weren't built to hold fish. Lakes are built to manage water flow, and provide water to municipalities. You are right, they could care less if we get to fish. Lake recreation and fishing is just an added bonus.... I don't like it when the lakes are closed from being too full, But hate to think what it would be like at the other end if the spectrum ......
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum