Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek on Friday the 13th

Posted By: Greg Goodrich

Cedar Creek on Friday the 13th - 05/14/16 05:16 PM

I fished Dam ridge and Dam Drop Off Friday evening from 6:30 to dark. 10-15 fow and got into the Sandies really good as well as a few short Hybrids. Mepps spinners and CastMasters. Top water action started right at sunset. What a blast!
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Cedar Creek on Friday the 13th - 05/16/16 03:57 PM

Good deal. Haven't made it Cedar Creek yet this year, and its killing me. Should be there bright and early this coming Saturday.
Posted By: charlescox

Re: Cedar Creek on Friday the 13th - 05/16/16 04:48 PM

We fished Friday and Saturday. Friday me and My dad went out and found fish in each spot we stopped. Mainly fished water 12-17'. Also went and caught several nice crappie.
Saturday morning I went out and took my two boys and 3 of our friends. We found fish after the rain stopped and it was on. Wind blown side of underwater structure in 21' out near crappie island. Many times we had 4 people hooked up at a time. A lot of times slabs wouldn't even make it to the bottom. We kept 100 whites and probably threw back as many. We also caught 5 legal hybrids and about 125 shorts. This is going to be unbelievable when all of the short hybrids grow up in the next couple of years. We are loaded down with them!
C.J.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum