Texas Fishing Forum

RUMOR IS THERE ARE NO FISH IN BELTON LAKE!!

Posted By: Windbreaker

RUMOR IS THERE ARE NO FISH IN BELTON LAKE!! - 05/08/16 06:00 PM

I will be headed down to Killeen. my dad is retired army. He says the rumor is there are no fish in Belton lake. I'd like to prove that wrong with your help. I will most likely be taking him and some active duty soldiers. Would love to get them on fish.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Posted By: LEONRIVER

Re: RUMOR IS THERE ARE NO FISH IN BELTON LAKE!! - 05/08/16 07:01 PM

They have been catching some nice cats up Stampede,it will be good after this rain.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: RUMOR IS THERE ARE NO FISH IN BELTON LAKE!! - 05/08/16 10:42 PM

Check out Bob Maindelles fishing reports. Just do a web search for Holding the Line Guide Service. Central Texas doesn't have the multi-specie fisheries that North Central and East Texas do. But we have plenty of sandies and hybrids.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: RUMOR IS THERE ARE NO FISH IN BELTON LAKE!! - 05/09/16 04:07 AM

sent a pm. There are fish in Belton. You just need a Bobo's Thumper to help catch fish there. lol
Ask the guy I pm'ed you about it.
Posted By: beltonbill

Re: RUMOR IS THERE ARE NO FISH IN BELTON LAKE!! - 05/09/16 10:06 AM

I personally caught and released 24 hybrids greater than 18" last Saturday morning. It was live bait fishing and a whole lot of fun. There are at least 24 left. The thumper really helps.
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: RUMOR IS THERE ARE NO FISH IN BELTON LAKE!! - 05/09/16 06:34 PM

Great help guys! Thanks a bunch! It looks like it is a really clear water lake and fish are deeper then most of the other lakes I fish (RC and Cedar Creek)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum