Texas Fishing Forum

all the gates on lavon are open

Posted By: nate king

all the gates on lavon are open - 05/04/16 12:11 AM

I went fishing this morning behind the dam, caught 15 in about three hours, but only three gates were open. By the time I left every gate was open besides two of them. I did notice the fishing start to slow down the more gates they opened. But I was unsure if it was just because it was getting later in the day. Can a good amount of sandies still be caught with all the gates opened?
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/04/16 03:06 AM

More gates=more fish coming up from the lake. Just give it a bit for fish to adjust to the high amount of water coming out.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/04/16 12:25 PM

Thanks for the info. Guess I can use that as my excuse for not catching on hubbard.
Posted By: shimanotoshort

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/04/16 08:16 PM

Have the sandies made themselves comfortable yet? I think by the weekend it should be ok

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/05/16 09:12 AM

going in the am, i will let you know.

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/06/16 06:51 AM

only thing i caught all day was a 4 lb bass. No one else was catching anything either. I did see one guy catch a ton of carp.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/06/16 07:54 AM

Thanks for sharing! I'll be there Sunday morning

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/10/16 09:37 AM

how did you do? I will be there in the morning
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/10/16 12:12 PM

Plans changed... Ended up going to tickey creek.. Hammered em at the point! By the way you have to walk in to the park.. Gate is closed! Loooooong walk but worth it
Posted By: redloon

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/11/16 12:23 AM

I went below the dam Saturday morning when they were releasing 5000+. Didn't see any sandbass or hybrids caught. Some were catching drum and small catfish. Better off fishing the main lake in my opinion.

Re: all the gates on lavon are open - 05/11/16 05:44 AM

my buddy went this morning, nothing to write home about
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum