Texas Fishing Forum

Cyprus Springs

Posted By: lenahorse

Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 01:43 PM

Never been there, besides bass is it worth going? Sand bass there?
Not interested in any bass fishing.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 01:48 PM

No sandies hybrids or stripers. The crappie fishing and catfishing is great. Bass fishing is excellent. Other than that you will see beautiful lake properties all fixed up. And you will encounter wave boats and jet fleas galore. If you are looking for sandies you have one of the best lakes for that in your back yard! Good luck!

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 01:56 PM

Thanks what I expected there, friends got a RV there and invited us, will leave boat at home and go eat! It would not be worth the gas to haul the boat. Your reply was exactly what I was thinking. Wouldn't this am be great to be on the lake? PERFECT !
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 02:15 PM

Just go and relax, Leanahorse. Give the fish a break will ya. Heard you caught a bunch yesterday and every other days as well grin

Extended family got a nice place there. Pretty lake. Saw him bragged a pic of a hydrid or striper and some kitties caught there but that was 10 years ago though. No braggin since....

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 02:27 PM

Exactly Todd I will pass on hauling the boat, take doggy and eat good.
We should be on the lake right now !!!

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 02:33 PM

Wish I could remember the name of the restaurant but there used to be a great catfish restaurant on the west end of Bob Sandlin. Not far at all from the Cypress dam. Its been a few years since I've been there and not sure if its still open. But if you go out for a road trip you might look for it. It was pretty darn good.
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Anchorman
Wish I could remember the name of the restaurant but there used to be a great catfish restaurant on the west end of Bob Sandlin. Not far at all from the Cypress dam. Its been a few years since I've been there and not sure if its still open. But if you go out for a road trip you might look for it. It was pretty darn good.

I think its called Vaughan's Catfish. I ate there after a bass tournament one time. The food was good if I remember correctly.

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 02:55 PM

Without fishing it would be a day trip to visit take my Shepherd Mica and just enjoy
friends and company

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Richardson
Originally Posted By: Anchorman

I think its called Vaughan's Catfish. I ate there after a bass tournament one time. The food was good if I remember correctly.

That's it! Thanks
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/29/16 06:18 PM

Restaurant is Vaughn's Catfish. Bob Sandlin is right there and is full of 2 1/2 to 4 lb sandies!
Posted By: full stringer

Re: Cyprus Springs - 04/30/16 12:48 PM

There are a few white bass in Cypress, but they should not be your target fish. Red Snappa is correct- Bob Sandlin is just across the dam and it is loaded with giant sandies. No hybrids or stripers, though.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/22/16 06:44 PM

Cypress Springs is a recreational lake. Jet skis and ski boats.
Posted By: steph670

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/22/16 07:06 PM

Cypress Springs is a good fishery- Champion Fish is right, it is a rec lake and it can turn into a wave pool pretty quick. If you are looking for sandies you have to cross over the dam to Bob Sandlin. Vaughans is still there they open at 4pm-900pm today. I always recommend them to my clients out there.
Posted By: cosmokramer

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/23/16 03:58 PM

Once in a blue moon, I will get in some sandies off main point next to my cove at Cypress. If you just want some good action, go after the spotted bass on Cypress, they are everywhere and fun. If you want sandies, you will have to go to Sandlin.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/23/16 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: red snappa
Restaurant is Vaughn's Catfish. Bob Sandlin is right there and is full of 2 1/2 to 4 lb sandies!

I ate there Thursday night. It is good.
Posted By: czechmate

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/24/16 06:05 AM

I have a place on Sadlin, for almost 20 years and it is packed full of large dandies
Posted By: CCRman

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/25/16 03:34 AM

Hey guys going to sandlin this weekend and been doing pretty good on cedar creek but gonna try them on sandlin. Anyone got and tips or places to try them. Got some kids I'm taking. Thank yall

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/25/16 06:17 AM

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/25/16 06:17 AM

That's where you want to be.
Posted By: CCRman

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/25/16 03:32 PM

CZECHMATE IS THAT ON THE BOB SANDLIN SIDE?
Posted By: scott01

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/25/16 03:55 PM

yes, that's water coming out of Cypress Springs. Sandies love the current.
Posted By: scott01

Re: Cyprus Springs - 07/25/16 03:56 PM

I've caught them good at that location but have caught them plenty on main lake points too (preferably those with some wind crossing them). They will also school on top occasionally.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum