Texas Fishing Forum

Canyon Lake Whites and Striper

Posted By: Southtxangler22

Canyon Lake Whites and Striper - 04/23/16 02:23 AM

Well, I wish I could post all the pics so this post would be legit lol, but for some reason they aren't the right format or something... Anyway, been fishing Canyon Lake for the last 2 weeks and fishing has been great! At least for me... Every day I've fished I've found schools on top and deep later in the day.. Dropping spoons and live perch is the ticket for the striper.. Most fish are 3-5lbs but I'm looking forward to getting one of the big ones that lake holds.. Whites have been tight too bottom off points until today... Caught them on top water back of a creek next to the point.. So when the sun got high they went right back to where they've been.. Awesome lake to fish! Hard lake to pattern but once you're on them you'll be more grateful for the catch lol. Hope everyone fishing that lake is having good luck!
Posted By: Wadereel

Re: Canyon Lake Whites and Striper - 04/23/16 12:52 PM

Thanks for the report! I have been wanting to try Canyon. What is the color and clarity like?
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: Canyon Lake Whites and Striper - 04/23/16 03:05 PM

Right now, there's pretty good debri floating in the water on the west side of the lake... But the actual water is still clear... It's clear water lake pretty much year round.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum