Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: Flipside Outdoors

Joe Pool - 04/22/16 12:35 PM

After having amazing trips the last couple of times I've been to Joe Pool I blanked yesterday. I don't know if the weather shut them down or the increased water had them scattered but I couldn't buy a bite. There was huge schools of shad all over the place, I've never seen this much bait on Joe Pool before.
Posted By: bowhunter247

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 01:05 PM

All the rain might have shut them down for a spell, but the bite should be picking back up today or tomorrow.

All the bait is a good thing, plenty of food source will help them grow bigger, looking forward to catching some magnums Out of Joe Pool one day.
Posted By: CamoKing

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 01:43 PM

We are headed out there tomorrow. Look for us if you're there and say hi!!! Maybe we could team up and text each other when we get on them! Who all might go?

Posted By: RODS454

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 02:27 PM

T-Wok for me tomorrow. Maybe Sunday if wind is not to high.
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 02:29 PM

I look forward to the reports... may give it a go this weekend.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 02:30 PM

I'd love to make some contacts for sharing info on the lake! Maybe we could make a small private facebook group to share info so the whole internet doesn't snipe the spots?

I won't be able to get back out there for a couple weeks though... Good luck to you tomorrow Camo. Hopefully that's enough time for them to settle down and start biting again!

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 02:36 PM

Also I ran into a guy at the lynn creek marina ramp in a buster boat with a 3.5 merc. Said something about the forums, just wondering who that was if you are on here? I was the guy launching my center console.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 02:48 PM

If you see a guy in a Yellow Kayak, its most likely me...lol
Posted By: PatrickDominick

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 03:36 PM

I think I'll be out there tomorrow as well. I'll be in an orange feelfree kayak!
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Joe Pool - 04/22/16 11:58 PM

CamoKing,
I will be out running around JP tomorrow. Will be in my falcon
Posted By: Coop-Dogg

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 12:35 AM

I'm the guy your referring to, I was out crappie fishing and I watch the site daily for info great site

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 01:49 AM

We should be on the lake by 10. Watch for me and Ill watch for you...

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: CamoKing
We should be on the lake by 10. Watch for me and Ill watch for you...

Will do, launching around daylight and will be out till around noonish.
Posted By: crappieking95

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 10:40 AM

We are headed out there tomorrow. Look for us if you're there and say hi!!! Maybe we could team up and text each other when we get on them! Who all might go?

you would happen to have a lifted blue pick up would you??

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 01:47 PM

Black Dodge Ram.
Posted By: tbucket101

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 11:26 PM

Any luck today?

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 11:35 PM

Was pretty decent morning. 3 on my boat, 150+ sandies. Kept around 50.

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 11:36 PM

Great another guide ruining a lake j/k man WTG!

Re: Joe Pool - 04/23/16 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Joe Pool - 04/24/16 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

roflmao
Posted By: Spencer J.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/24/16 04:20 AM

Took the kids out today and couldn't find the sandies. I got them before across from Lynn creek park but didn't see them there today. Can anyone point me in a direction?
Posted By: Ruff n Redi

Re: Joe Pool - 04/24/16 01:10 PM

Only lake you can get on around DFW. Dugan took his old worn out father-in-law fishing. Also he said if I would clean them, he would cook them. Called my grandson over to help me clean them and today we are having a fish fry. Had a blast with Kerry and Scooter. Catching the fish was just icing on the cake. Probably going to get in trouble for this but, if you don't have some 50/50 slabs from RSR and you fish Joe Pool, I would suggest you get some. First time on Joe Pool, but I will be back.
fish

Re: Joe Pool - 04/24/16 06:33 PM

Had a blast there yesterday.. Nice meeting some TFF friends that day. Caught 3 limits and let them all go.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/24/16 08:30 PM

Had a blast there yesterday.. Nice meeting some TFF friends that day. Caught 3 limits and let them all go.

Nice meeting you also. You have a kick a$$ boat by the way.
Posted By: acfatcat

Re: Joe Pool - 04/24/16 08:30 PM

Always good to meet new people but Im thinking your co-pilot out fished you. laugh

Re: Joe Pool - 04/25/16 01:56 AM

Well thanks buddy. I love Aluminum boats.. If I guided it would be in a boat exactly like yours. So much room.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/25/16 01:57 AM

I hate bringing the wife! She always shows me up.. haha!

Re: Joe Pool - 04/25/16 02:16 AM

I was in the other boat with my son who out fished me. Black and white fish and ski. I ain't high class like Kerry with a party boat.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/25/16 02:29 AM

Good seeing you as well.. Wish it wasn't so windy today we would have went out again...

Re: Joe Pool - 04/25/16 02:17 PM

Definitely an enjoyable day, great weather, great company, and great fishing.

A much needed day.

fish
Posted By: DanX

Re: Joe Pool - 04/26/16 03:10 AM

Thinking of taking my uncle and dad out to Joe Pool this week sometime. My uncle is coming in from up north and has been itching to catch some fish since weather there is no where near sunny at the moment. Any advice on where to go or what to look for? Thanks in advance.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/26/16 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: DanX
Thinking of taking my uncle and dad out to Joe Pool this week sometime. My uncle is coming in from up north and has been itching to catch some fish since weather there is no where near sunny at the moment. Any advice on where to go or what to look for? Thanks in advance.

Work the main point
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: Joe Pool - 04/26/16 05:01 PM

Just about any point is holding fish. Keep an eye out fer birds.
Posted By: DanX

Re: Joe Pool - 04/27/16 05:03 PM

Thanks guys! Will probably head out today since it's supposed to be a nice sunny day. Hopefully I can get them on some fish smile

Will be in a Maroon/White Fish and Ski 195 Deck Boat Hope to see some people out there. smile

Re: Joe Pool - 05/01/16 05:04 AM

Killed em again today from 2-8. A BUNCH of dinks today though. We probably boated 200 or more and kept about 70 for dinner and fish fries. Caught them all on one hump, we tried some other spots but no luck. They were chasing shad on the surface pretty much the entire time we were out there today.

Re: Joe Pool - 05/01/16 02:57 PM

We Caught a bunch too... I'm sure you saw us there.. was with my wife fishing in a Camo Center Console. Met some really nice people out there again. Nice to see such sportsmanship.

Re: Joe Pool - 05/01/16 04:37 PM

Yeah Camoking we saw y'all. There were 6 of us in a white fish master center console. We trolled over firemans hump but I swear that thing looks like a barren wasteland every time I try to scan it so we just moved back to the hump we started at. My friend bright his son and we were catching them non stop but his boy couldn't buy a bite. Picked some minnows up from the marina for him while the rest of us continued to slab and then he put us to shame with some big ole sandies. Perfect weather and a great trip!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum