Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ?

Posted By: MtnDew

Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ? - 04/22/16 12:02 PM

I haven't been on Ray Hubbard in forever, but the weather and wind are to nice for Sat morning to not go. Going to shake the dust of my tin boat and take my father out on the water.

The water level looks to be at full pool, so all the ramps should be open ? planning to put in at John Paul.

Any advice on where the fish maybe hiding smile ??

-rob
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ? - 04/24/16 01:55 AM

Hey Rob, the home lake has been slow with the lake at full level. Try bass fishing style early AM or go late in the day. Been going to lake T for better catching. violin
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ? - 04/24/16 04:48 PM

I figured it wouldn't be great. But we had a good time just being on the water. Put in at John Paul, so much debris floating right at ramp, I didn't want to even try to start the outboard. Used trolling motor to get out a bit first.

Water had a definite brown stain to it. I never marked any big schools of bait or sandies, but we did catch a few, but it took all day. Saw someone trolling around the I-30 bridge catch a small sandie. We went down to power plant jetty, 3 boats working the area all reporting poor fishing with only a sandie every now and then. Kept working down to Red Barn, talked to 2 more boats nobody catching.

We headed east to the other side, worked the usual spots, picked one sandie up by terry boat ramp, then worked up to the iron horses . Got 2 sandies trolling there in 20 FOW, but couldn't slab any up. Finally saw some small bait balls there. We got hungy and never worked the bridge or outside Robertson park.

Overall, had a great day with my dad on the water. He likes to just be out, so we gave him a good tour of the lake smile.

Little boat ran great, weather was great , and we didn't get skunked.

-rob
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ? - 04/24/16 10:18 PM

I like your sportsman's spirit thumb
Thanks for the report, Rob.
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ? - 04/24/16 10:34 PM

Fished in the AM for a few hours. Caught 10 dinks. Heard it picked up when the winds started blowing.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ? - 04/24/16 11:20 PM

Rob, it sounds like you had fun and caught some fish. That's better than sitting at home and wondering what if.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Ray Hubbard - ramps and advice ? - 04/24/16 11:25 PM

Cool deal Rob.
Those trips with your Dad are special even if you catch zero fish.
I remember doing them with my Dad when he was still here and wouldn't trade anything for that time spent with him.
Glad you guys caught a few and thanks for the nice report.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum