Texas Fishing Forum

Mid April fishing on Richland Chambers Lake:

Posted By: BOB HOLMES GS

Mid April fishing on Richland Chambers Lake: - 04/16/16 03:10 AM

This mid April fishing is just what we've been looking for. Our sand bass have started running.
Here on the lake that means birds working and feeding fish. All fishermen know it's time to fill your cooler when you see this! Lots of fish under these working birds and easy to catch.

I'm using 1 oz. Slabs chrome or chartreuse color. I like to cast these out let them drop to the bottom. When it stops falling lock your reel handle get your line tight and raise the rod tip high over your head then let the rod tip back down and reeling line at the same time and repeat this action until you've reeled the lure all the way back to the boat, our fish love this. Just for fun and sometimes you may catch better fish I try using a sassy shad or a crank bait. Just to try something different.

Not too much on the bigger hybrids yet but they will be here soon enough.

Blue cat has been pretty good along the shore lines fishing shallow works pretty good through the spring.

Haven't heard much report on crappie yet I guess there spawning up shallow.

I guess black bass is the only thing I don't go after but they always seem to be close by the crappie.

Let's go fishing, I have two boats available.

Call Bob Holmes Guide Service Longest Continuous Working Fishing Guide on the lake and still the Striper Lake Record Holder.

214 728 3310
Bob@texasfishingguide.net
www.texasfishingguide.net
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum