Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool 04/14

Posted By: tbucket101

Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 02:38 AM

Had an awesome day (although just a couple of hours), immediately found the birs, top water action, boats within a few feet of others, just an awesome day! HUGE thanks to the fellow TFF member in the Bluewave and dog on board for all the tips and allowing us to get close to his boat. He was sitting on an absolute "honey hole" and just seemed like an overall cool guy.

Bluewave, my alummie, couple woman in a pontoon, kayak, couple guys in a small bassboat, another super nice bassboat-all sharing and chasing them within a 30 yard circle. Grew up in GP and have done a ton of bank fishing on JP, first time fishing from a boat and had a great time.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 03:30 AM

Well that's good to hear although your fellow anglers were cool with the crowd I'm sure the birds were a little pissed
Posted By: bowhunter247

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 09:58 AM

I was sitting right on top of them, that's why I told your son to cast right in front of the boat almost hitting it. Watching you and your son catch fish really made my day. I do enjoy the days when my son is able to go out with me. As for the dog, he thinks I bought the boat for him.

Glad I could help out a fellow TFF member.
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 01:37 PM

thumb
Posted By: CamoKing

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 02:57 PM

tbucket101 I think we saw you leaving as we were headed to that same hole. I was pulling a Camo Center Console and noticed your boat in Mansfield. We caught a bunch before heading to the Oasis to grab a burger. Maybe we will see you out there soon.
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 03:35 PM

Makes me happy to hear this kind of report.

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 04:06 PM

Its nice having people share where you can catch em at.. Everyone is so secretive.. If I'm on a good spot I don't mind sharing at all.. Its not like they can catch them all..lol.

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 04:17 PM

Agreed. I fish from a kayak, and I find that MOST fisherman are very kind.
I have people come to me and other invite me over as well.

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 04:21 PM

Was that you on kayak out there yesterday?

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 04:22 PM

Wasn't me, I know who it was though. I was debating on going out in my kayak tomorrow morning, but too many boats on that lake on weekends. My buddy with a boat flaked on me...lol
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 05:25 PM

I guess I am going to have to be more friendly from now on. I have had lots of folks try and flag me over where they are catching fish and I just say thanks and move on. I feel so guilty by going over and fishing where they are. I have flagged a bunch over to where I am and have always had a good time doing it, but going over when someone flags me, well, just makes me feel kinda off. Guess I just need to loosen up a little. It is great to read these kind of posts. Good for Ya'll.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/15/16 07:36 PM

I think more boats in the area may actually help the catching. More lures in the water, more commotion, stirs them up and keeps them around. BUT, all the boats have to play nice and sneak in with their trolling motor.
Posted By: tbucket101

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/16/16 12:05 AM

It was a great day yesterday, son has been talking about it every since.

Camo- I'm pretty sure I saw you as well, War Eagle right, off of Broad. Not many big camo boats running around so I usually notice the bigger allumie boats.

As far as today, took both boys and same time, 1030ish. This time, didn't see a single bird dive, no top water action, in an hour didn't see a single fish pulled. They were tight on the bottom and I bet we killed a few bouncing 7/8ounce slabs on their heads but couldn't pull not one. I ran out of skittles and ways to entertain my 10 year old so we just cruised the late for a while. Still a good time.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Joe Pool 04/14 - 04/16/16 04:19 AM

We went out late with my buddy and his two lil ones. Able to catch a few but not as stacked up as they have been. Everyone played nice and some funny conversation between the kids from one boat to the next
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum