Texas Fishing Forum

Twak struggles

Posted By: Canesfan3

Twak struggles - 04/04/16 02:42 PM

Been out here since sunrise without a bite. I know it's only 10am, but I don't want another day of not finding any fish. Any tips or suggestions of where they might be? I appreciate any help y'all have to offer!
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Twak struggles - 04/04/16 02:49 PM

Check holiday humps and other humps. We found those sandies and jr hybrids there in about 22 to 20 fow. Bounce your slab off the bottom. We caught over 100 fish on Saturday. You'll get some bite. Use small slabs 3/4 to 1 oz slabs. Those fish are hitting small slabs which matched the bait fish. Good luck.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Twak struggles - 04/04/16 03:14 PM

Throw small rattle traps along dam rocks. You should get bit. Chrome blue or chrome black
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Twak struggles - 04/04/16 03:31 PM

Check Finger point.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Twak struggles - 04/04/16 04:47 PM

we smashed hem outside the state park yesterday in 22-24 FOW. fish were suspended at 18' on the west side of the tip where it drops off big time. we caught them on slabs and flies above them. mostly sand bass. tried some of the other community spots as well and never got into hybrids.

Re: Twak struggles - 04/04/16 05:00 PM

Thanks for the help guys!
Posted By: Scotty P

Re: Twak struggles - 04/04/16 06:15 PM

Canesfan3 we found them as shallow as 10'
bassthumb, what boat were you in, I was in the tan crestliner.

Re: Twak struggles - 04/04/16 09:20 PM

Headed home with 1 big hybrid and 10 big sandies. Not the greatest day, but it was steady and more fun than it could've been.... Caught a few here and there. No one spot was the ticket, but they all were helpful. Thanks for the tips.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Twak struggles - 04/05/16 03:07 AM

cheers
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Twak struggles - 04/05/16 12:35 PM

Scotty. We were in my white procraft bass boat. Only fished from 9-12 ish on our way home from fork.
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: Twak struggles - 04/09/16 11:27 PM

Went out looking for hybrids early in all the usual places, nada. Didn't see guides pulling much either. Decided to check arm point on my way back. Decent boat show but the fish were scattered and moving fast. Picked up a few on slabs. Cast it out. Let sink to bottom. Slow retrieve.

Left the boat show after picking up a few and went just a little east of the fleet in shallower water. Around 18 feet. It was on. Vertical stabbing. Picked up 50 or so in an hour. Big Sandbass.

Video is from off arm point in the deeper water. Look how fast these things were moving. Took a dozen of the bigger ones for dinner.

Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Twak struggles - 04/09/16 11:53 PM

It was an epic trip for us on Friday at 4pm at Holiday humps. Nonstop action!! All from 14 to 30 fow. Caught over 100's.
Posted By: Cigga

Re: Twak struggles - 04/10/16 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cactusflyr
Went out looking for hybrids early in all the usual places, nada. Didn't see guides pulling much either. Decided to check arm point on my way back. Decent boat show but the fish were scattered and moving fast. Picked up a few on slabs. Cast it out. Let sink to bottom. Slow retrieve.

Left the boat show after picking up a few and went just a little east of the fleet in shallower water. Around 18 feet. It was on. Vertical stabbing. Picked up 50 or so in an hour. Big Sandbass.

Video is from off arm point in the deeper water. Look how fast these things were moving. Took a dozen of the bigger ones for dinner.

What kind of sonar is that?
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Twak struggles - 04/10/16 12:24 AM

Nice fishing.
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: Twak struggles - 04/10/16 12:48 AM

Any hybrids? Didn't want to make the run south. Pretty windy and wavy today.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum