Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: Spencer J.

Joe Pool - 04/01/16 03:44 AM

How's the water clarity and temp at Joe Pool? Anyone getting sandies in the main lake? I've never fished JP before...thinking of giving it a try. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Joe Pool - 04/01/16 02:39 PM

before the last batch of rains, main lake points and flats in about 15 ft has been the ticket, have not been out in the last 2 weeks so not sure about current. Bet they are coming up late.
Posted By: lonestar

Re: Joe Pool - 04/01/16 02:48 PM

Where can you launch at JP? Is everything open again?
Posted By: xmatador

Re: Joe Pool - 04/01/16 05:59 PM

Water level is back to normal levels so most if not all ramps should be open. There are plenty of boats on the water during the weekends.
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Joe Pool - 04/01/16 08:08 PM

Creeks. They are pretty thick in them if you're in the right one.
Posted By: TxGrin

Re: Joe Pool - 04/02/16 01:02 AM

Main lake points have went out several times in the past 2 weeks, caught my limit on sandies 15 to 20 ft of water most caught on the south side across from loyd park. They are a easy catch from sun up till 11:00am
Posted By: Flipside Outdoors

Re: Joe Pool - 04/03/16 02:12 PM

Nailed them yesterday with my buddies. Took home 4 limits and a crappie in 4 hours.
Posted By: Sadisdix

Re: Joe Pool - 04/03/16 04:02 PM

4 limits?!! Nice Job Obsessive! Now it'll take 3 years for the lake to recover...jk! laugh
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Joe Pool - 04/03/16 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Sadisdix
4 limits?!! Nice Job Obsessive! Now it'll take 3 years for the lake to recover...jk! laugh
roflmao

Re: Joe Pool - 04/03/16 07:55 PM

Joe pool turned out pretty good yesterday. Took the kid there and probably caught around 100. Took home a few and threw the rest back. There were quite a few boats out there and everyone was doing well. I'll hopefully get back out there soon!
Posted By: TxGrin

Re: Joe Pool - 04/10/16 03:24 AM

We went out to Joe Pool today and caught our limit, there were several boats everyone was catching them. Just look for the big schools on you fish finder. 20 to 30 ft, 25ft seemed to be the best depth.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Joe Pool - 04/10/16 07:14 PM

Got into them myself, by fireman hump. Thanks to the two young guys in the boat that shared their presentation with me! Was using same jig only different presentation. Worked out great. Quit counting at 50 or so. banana
Gave a couple on a pontoon a couple of my jigs and shared the presentation with them. They were catching them in a matter of minutes. Pay it forward!
Posted By: Flipside Outdoors

Re: Joe Pool - 04/10/16 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: RODS454
Got into them myself, by fireman hump. Thanks to the two young guys in the boat that shared their presentation with me! Was using same gig only different presentation. Worked out great. Quit counting at 50 or so.😎
Gave a couple on a pontoon a couple of my gigs and shared the presentation with them. They were catching them in a matter of minutes. Pay it forward!

thumb
Posted By: bobsfavorite

Re: Joe Pool - 04/11/16 04:34 PM

Hey RODS454, that was me and the wife. Thanks for the help. You never really know weather to ask somebody what they are using or not. No telling what the reaction might be. I had to though, you were catching fish with every cast. Thanks again. It will be paid forward!

Re: Joe Pool - 04/11/16 05:43 PM

More than happy to help. I've gotten way to much help on here and the lake to not help. There are more than enough fish to go around.
Posted By: tbucket101

Re: Joe Pool - 04/12/16 04:18 AM

Letting the boys play hooky from school on Thursday or Friday to see if we can get them into some fish. Mind sharing the presentation?

Re: Joe Pool - 04/12/16 02:06 PM

Just buy any slab, tie it on and drop to the bottom. Then just jig it up and let it flutter back down. You usually get hit on the fall so give the line enough slack to let the slab fall but not too much otherwise you'll miss the bite. The good thing is you'll get hit so many times you'll have plenty of practice. Launch at Lynn creek park then go across the lake and they're all schooled up. Use your graph to make sure you're on them. You can't miss them. Hope that helps.

Re: Joe Pool - 04/13/16 01:55 AM

I was in Walmart in Mexia today and the Cotton Cordell slabs were two for $2.54. Can't beat that price.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Joe Pool - 04/14/16 01:54 AM

Follow the birds. They are going crazy in the middle of the lake and the sand bass are right below them. I just cast the Cotton Cordell slabs and reel it back in. They'll hit almost every cast so they'll have no problems catching them.
Posted By: 184Champion

Re: Joe Pool - 04/14/16 11:31 PM

Went Tuesday morning and we had a 2 man limit in about an hour and a half around the birds using chrome rattle traps
Posted By: fergy1

Re: Joe Pool - 04/15/16 02:08 AM

Have they got any size to them this year? Have not fished there in several years.
Never had problems catching fish just barely keepers.
Posted By: tbucket101

Re: Joe Pool - 04/15/16 02:27 AM

Got a late start today at JP, around 11:30 and fished for an hour or so and killed them. Good sizes, used the info I got from on here and the "boat show" crew, and had a blast with my oldest son....he caught way more than old dad....appreciate ALL the info guys, I really do.....it was an awesome day!

Re: Joe Pool - 04/15/16 04:14 AM

All the ones we kept Tuesday were 12" or better. only had to throw back about 10 sand bass that were under 12. I know 10 is the size limit but we were just keeping the bigger ones. My dad also caught a 6lb bass while we were catching sand bass.
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Joe Pool - 04/15/16 04:31 AM

Champion I think that was me in the Ranger close to yall. Saw him catch the big girl. Thanks for being so kind as to call me in closer to catch fish..
Posted By: bowhunter247

Re: Joe Pool - 04/15/16 09:46 AM

It was great watching you and your son catch fish. My son is a little older now, and I really enjoy the days we get to spend on the water together. I was in the center console, and had my dog in the boat..

Re: Joe Pool - 04/15/16 10:22 PM

That was me JimmyP. After watching you with the A-rig I may have to start using one of those. I know everyone enjoys catching fish. As long as people don't come flying in the middle of the school there is usually plenty of room and fish especially during the week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum