Texas Fishing Forum

So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when...

Posted By: Timmychanga

So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 10:19 AM

I was trolling late yesterday and usually the Hybrids stop hitting but I thought I would give it a try. I tried lots of my spots with no strikes. Finally I went to my last point and a boat was following me thru the last two troll sets. He got closer and closer each time and I had to move further over each time to avoid his boat and lines. I was frustrated at first since I had gone over 30 yards in from my pattern into 12-10 foot of water. Then while passing at about 20 more yards in at 8 feet with my hopes of fish fading with the sunset, SLAM! The 29.5 Hybrid hit. He fought like he was a Marlin. Leaping and trying to throw the lure, which is very uncommon for Hybrids in our lake. The boat trailing me stopped to watch me reel her in, nearly got into my line while landing her, and even asked "What are you using?" after I landed and released her. Of course being the nice guy I am, I told him. "A Lure" I then caught a smaller one all while dodging the other trolling boat who at that time was even more persistent at being exactly where I was. If I knew he wanted to go fishing with me I should have just invited him into my boat. LOL

Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 11:25 AM

thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 11:54 AM

Great fish.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 02:17 PM

That is some nice hybrids!
I hear you on the trials of trolling with a troll following every pass. Wonder what he would have done if you had stopped suddenly, spot locked and started chunking crank baits on both sides of your boat?
Some people you just can't figure out! hmmm
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 02:20 PM

I have only seen one striper jump likr that in my 41 years of fishing
Posted By: LipRip

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 02:27 PM

Nice job Tim! I love those "A lures" Lol!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 05:43 PM

Nice fish!
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 07:01 PM

Never ends but NICE fish man!
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 07:16 PM

When that happens, stop at a crud place for a few minutes and drop a BRIGHT marker buoy. Then let the wind 'push' you off the spot ... they'll zoom in and pound the spot for a good long while and you can resume trolling.

You might even get your buoy back.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek
When that happens, stop at a crud place for a few minutes and drop a BRIGHT marker buoy. Then let the wind 'push' you off the spot ... they'll zoom in and pound the spot for a good long while and you can resume trolling.

You might even get your buoy back.
I like it clap thumb
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 07:38 PM

If you want to really have some fun, place a small perch hook on your buoy line. If they roll it up they will do it fast, and not see the hook! scared Then you can frkazoid
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/18/16 09:13 PM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/28/16 04:43 PM

Never been striper fishing so this is not that dumb a question.

29.5 is that inches or pounds?
Posted By: MrNovice

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/28/16 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: grandpa75672
Never been striper fishing so this is not that dumb a question.

29.5 is that inches or pounds?

Inches
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/28/16 08:32 PM

What lure were you throwing?

I need to learn about this trolling for hybrids
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: So he started trolling my pattern and pushing me in when... - 03/29/16 08:09 PM

Very Nice Fish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum