Texas Fishing Forum

This past Saturday on Lewisville

Posted By: GoFishNow

This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/15/16 05:13 PM

It pays to have friends. We were fishing the murky waters unsuccessfully and so we scooted down by the dam for cleaner water. Saw Pastor John and co-worker friend bringing them in. Fished alongside of them and turned our trip around. Thanks John!
The fish were small but it is very encouraging to see the huge schools of sandbass making a comeback.
These fish were caught in 51 feet of water, about 12 feet up from the bottom.
Posted By: Chaparro75

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/15/16 10:45 PM

Two thumbs up for PastorJohn. He is good people. Have bumped into him at Lewisville a couple of times and on this forum. He is always in a good mood and willing to hand out helpful information.
Keep up the great work.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/16/16 02:16 PM

I had to look twice at that pick of the guy in the denim jacket holding a fish. I thought all he had on his line was a fish head shocked
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/16/16 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Holzer
I had to look twice at that pick of the guy in the denim jacket holding a fish. I thought all he had on his line was a fish head shocked

there are a few Gators in that lake... smile
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/16/16 08:23 PM

Good times! Nice post. cheers
Posted By: Pastor John

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/17/16 04:39 PM

Thanks guys. The people I meet fishing in Texas are the best, Ron, Chaparro, all of them. The guy in the picture with me is an intern on my tax team. He is working on his masters in accounting/tax from UT. He is from China and loves to fish. This is his second time fishing in the Great USA. He hounds me in the office to take him fishing. Thanks for the picture Ron.

I think Lewisville is on the mend. With a couple of good spawns it looks like there are lots of small fish. perhaps in the next season or two we will have a good fishing lake. Hope springs eternal.
Posted By: benp

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/17/16 04:58 PM

Nice work guys! Good to see the lake turning around. We are finding a good number of Juvenile Hybrids as well!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/19/16 06:04 PM

Nice pic and post, Ron! Fishing gathers the good folks together...just like 2000 years ago. Aint that right, PasorJ?

Golfers cant do that Lol
Posted By: Pastor John

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/19/16 09:49 PM

Absolutely right Todd!! And you're one of the best. When I first moved here and did not know anybody and had my boat in storage, you and Gene and many others took me out fishing. Everyone I've met are great people.
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: This past Saturday on Lewisville - 03/29/16 01:39 AM

Smoked them today. 100 plus in 4 hours. Hybrid catch and teasing the fish towards surface

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum