Texas Fishing Forum

East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers

Posted By: Gone Fishin'

East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/10/16 11:52 PM

While we live in Whitehouse about 2 minutes from the Lake Tyler Marina, I travel over Lake Palestine & the Trinity River on the way to work at Richland Chambers. All three Lakes are well over their Pool Level and the Trinity is out of it's banks. The 2 pics of the Boat Ramp/Dock are from Tyler and the Spillway is the 24 Gates open on RC. I couldn't stop and get pics from Palestine but it's even more impressive with walkways to the Boat Houses completely under water and most boat houses with a foot or two of water in them. Palestine water clarity is about like a Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks with a dash of East Texas Red Clay, but little Lake Tyler is not bad at all. RC is stained to muddy depending on how far up the Lake you fish. If you are planning a trip to the two larger lakes this Weekend, I'd probably recommend fishing elsewhere. Even with all the rain for the past year, you will never hear me complain. The past 15 years with two droughts of 4 years plus each time will make you thankful for every drop of liquid! thumb

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/11/16 03:02 AM

Just when the fish were starting to bite. You are right about not complaining though. Real bad karma to cuss rain in Texas.
Posted By: gborg

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/11/16 12:43 PM

Did u venture to Cedar Creek ?? If so what did u find ? Thx.

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/11/16 01:42 PM

Sorry ...No info on Cedar Creek other than the couple of posts yesterday about the high and muddy water. Just guessing it's like all the other Lakes mentioned as it too had several inches of rain in the past three days and is releasing about 25,000 cfs from the Spillway.
Posted By: gborg

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/11/16 04:23 PM

Ten 4 , thx .
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/11/16 04:30 PM

Whitney was very good last Saturday.
Posted By: BASS101

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/11/16 05:04 PM

I have a trip planned for RC this weekend, camping at Fisherman's point with family. I know fishing is not going to be any good but what other concerns should I have?

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/11/16 05:32 PM

There's a large (around 200 boat) Bass Tournament going on this weekend. Weigh in is at Oak Cove Marina but some participants going out of Fisherman's Point. Major issue is that water level is about 1 1/2 foot high and now entire lake is muddy. Still should be able to catch some Catfish, but nothing going on with the Whites, Hybrids and Crappie.

Good Luck!
Posted By: k close

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/12/16 04:10 PM

I'm going to be at The Villages on Palestine all week 3/12 thru 3/19. Do you think it will be worth dragging the boat out there?

Re: East Texas Lakes...Tyler, Palestine & Richland Chambers - 03/12/16 08:22 PM

Came across Lake Palestine on 155 this AM on the way to RC today and appears the Boat Ramps on Palestine are closed. Don't know about the Villages ramp.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum