Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging?

Posted By: Dadsthatlove2fish

Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging? - 03/03/16 04:22 PM

I have a Lowrance Elite 5 HDI right now which I've had for a year or so I'm upgrading to side imaging. I'm use to the Lowrance set up but hear that Hummingbird is easier to use, side imaging technology is better, the GPS doesn't lag behind.

As far as quality of imaging, accuracy of the GPS for way points and it's speed when you move to a way point...I hear bad stuff about the touch screens not functioning right with stuff on your fingers dirtying up the screen also. Which is better in your personal opinion I would like to get some honest feedback before I spend $600+ because this is an investment something I plan on keeping for years.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging? - 03/04/16 02:00 AM

Go with the Helix 10!!
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging? - 03/04/16 04:20 PM

In my experience the bird is far superior in every aspect other than traditional 2D and downscan.
Posted By: fmclee

Re: Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging? - 03/04/16 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SalsaŽ
Go with the Helix 10!!

I did !!!!

+1
Posted By: TxShiner

Re: Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging? - 03/05/16 04:17 AM

I went to bass pro Monday to upgrade to a helix 7 hummingbird but after playing around with the lowrance elite 7ti I was sold,it was
$799. I think the touch screen is way easier
To navigate from screens and I've always had a hummingbird. The helix was a hundred less but felt it. Only tested it yesterday on fork but was pretty impressed
Posted By: PMB

Re: Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging? - 03/11/16 12:43 PM

I am trying to figure this out as well. I like humminbird for the reason stated on initial post and that the side scan does not require a big azzzzz box and transducer.

What I don't like is HM working with MinnKota trolling motors. I like mortorguide because I know a lot of folks that went from MK to MG and are very happy. Most report the accuracy of the spotlok as being much better on the MG.

I think I will go with the Humminbird and hope MinnKota gets better before I purchase the TM.
Posted By: LundThump

Re: Lowrance or Hummingbird Side Imaging? - 03/24/16 02:16 AM

Don't leave out Garmin in your hunt. Just put a echoMAP CHIRP 73sv on my boat. Right out of the box settings are pretty darn amazing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum