Texas Fishing Forum

Central Texas White Bass

Posted By: Waco Crappie

Central Texas White Bass - 02/23/16 03:59 PM

Whites are running on the North Bosque and Navasota River. I brother went last weekend on the Navasota and caught some nice sized fish. We plan to camp at lake Waco this weekend and fish the rivers hard.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Central Texas White Bass - 02/28/16 01:42 AM

Any luck?
Posted By: Fishing the 254

Re: Central Texas White Bass - 02/29/16 03:20 AM

Found whites in the North Bosque in the mile or two above Eichelberger crossing on Saturday evening. A friend and I caught about 20 between us in a few hours. They seemed to be staging, just hanging around mid river, not actively up in the shallows quite yet. Saw a lot of boats, seemed to be a lot of the same experience - fish were there, but took some effort to catch them. Did catch mostly large females full of eggs...
Posted By: Waco Crappie

Re: Central Texas White Bass - 02/29/16 03:30 PM

We camped at Midway park to I went up the South Bosque. I wanted to go up the North but that would have been a long trip on the boat. I found out where they were staging but couldnt get any bites there. In the shallows I only managed 1 white, she was a big one though full of eggs. I saw a few people catch a few fish but nothing crazy going on. My luck they will be running full speed today.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum