Texas Fishing Forum

White bass Fort worth?

Posted By: travman

White bass Fort worth? - 02/22/16 06:45 AM

Anybody know of any creeks or know of a good place to catch some around Fort worth?I fished the trinity today (took a break from trout fishing) but no luck on whites i did manage to catch 2 large mouths and saw a guy catch a 40lb blue cat. Please let me know id like to take my gf this run...Thanks
Posted By: jbobo

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/22/16 03:38 PM

Several cars at the bridge on 10 mile bridge rd, just below EM dam. Also heard reports of several people fishing at Bobo's Bridge, And van meter south of Boyd, north of EM. I don't know how many they are catching, but I'm sure some are by now. Also heard Penny(wise co GW) was there writing tickets to those over the limit and with under sized fish. FYI
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/22/16 04:28 PM

All the rivers and creeks are full and I think it is great they are writing tickets
for people keeping over the limit of spawners. Keep a few and throw the rest back
to make babies.
Johnny
Posted By: CATMANZ

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/22/16 05:03 PM

I ran into the game warden on Wednesday under 10 mile bridge. After checking my license some guys were walking back from the other side of the fence. He gave them a couple of citations and walked down to check everyone else on the bank. A kayaker had just pulled up and informed him that there were plenty of guys down there fishing from the bank. Apparently thats a no no.

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/22/16 07:07 PM

Thanks and i agree im glad the Gw is out giving citaions far too often i see people breaking the law (especially with the trout stocking) But i normally just catch for sport so i release them. Ive never kept a fish full of eggs. Thanks again for the info!
Posted By: ebl

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/22/16 07:38 PM

consider cllear fork trinity/377 at whiskey flats

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/23/16 12:55 AM

Nice im in southwest FW so something on this side of town would be prefered
Posted By: bankwalker

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/23/16 01:34 AM

whiskey flats not that far from you

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/23/16 05:40 AM

yeah i looked it up im right off of grandbury road.. how would i access the location i looked it up on google maps and saw big johns wood. we would be doing bank fishing...

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/23/16 04:31 PM

travmman go across the road from big john's

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/23/16 04:31 PM

travmman go across the road from big john's
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/23/16 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: travman
yeah i looked it up im right off of grandbury road.. how would i access the location i looked it up on google maps and saw big johns wood. we would be doing bank fishing...

Just north of the 1187/377 intersection on east side of 377, just look for the cars parked by the bridge. There is an entrance to a short road where everyone parks

Re: White bass Fort worth? - 02/24/16 02:48 AM

ahhh okay i thought that might be that little road off to the side of 377 almost looks like an access road but dead ends up to a fence looka like a gas pipe is there too
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum