Texas Fishing Forum

White bass run on Somerville?

Posted By: LetsGoFish

White bass run on Somerville? - 02/18/16 04:27 AM

Has anyone been catching up the creeks on lake Somerville? I'm hoping to get a chance to go this weekend and I have never fished any of the creeks on Somerville. I don't have a boat, so recommendations of where best to go would be very helpful.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: White bass run on Somerville? - 02/18/16 01:02 PM

welcome Welcome LetsGoFish

There were a lot of whites being caught in the Yegua and other creeks but the water has receded and they are moving back toward the lake. Newman's bottom and the trailway are still closed due to the flooding last year. You can fish at Irwin bridge but the only people catching them are having to walk about 45 minutes downstream to find them. The creeks are full of undersized crappie, bluegill and lmb.
Posted By: TXfisherman12

Re: White bass run on Somerville? - 02/19/16 05:29 PM

Welcome! There is a nice thread on the Lake Somerville in the Bank fishing section -check it out. J-Moe and other experts on those runs post often - it is disappointing that the bite has fallen recently. I was hoping on heading out one time in the next couple of weeks. It is good to know you will still catch other fish - I fished a different run yesterday, waded the stream and didn't see or catch any other fish but a few whites.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum