Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool lately

Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Joe Pool lately - 02/14/16 06:39 PM

Haven't posted a report for sandies in awhile but there has been a consistent pattern the past few weeks. Pick a day where winds aren't too bad and head towards the dam. Find water deeper than 40' and look for bait around 25' Once you locate bait look for fish under them. After you have found some fish drop down crappie jigs tied in tandem with a few split shots above to keep the baits more stationary. Leave the bait in the depths you are marking fish and hold it still. Bite has been light and its not fast and furious but all fish have been good keepers. Pattern will soon change as the fish head shallow to spawn. So get ya some while they are there. Might even pick up a couple bonus crappie.
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: Joe Pool lately - 02/14/16 06:43 PM

Also keep an eye on the birds in the area. Some days the sandies will school in the area in a little shallower water, they don't stay up long and have been a little harder catch but it's an good way to pic up a couple extra fish.
Posted By: hideandseekfish

Re: Joe Pool lately - 02/15/16 05:35 PM

Thanks for the report.
I went out to Joe Pool on Friday and found them suspended at 20' in a depth of 30'.
I only had slabs to fish with and I found that I could just drop it down to 20' and leave it there. They would peck at it and I would occasionally give it a little twitch.
Caught 3 pretty quickly before I had to go in.
They were typical size for JP, just over 10 inches.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum