Texas Fishing Forum

Canyon lake Whites. Any News?

Posted By: wrknonit

Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/10/16 03:55 PM

Anyone have any reports for Canyon?
texas
Posted By: parttime

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/10/16 05:41 PM

Up there last Friday, trolled from mouth up into river, not a single bite on the troll.
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/10/16 06:03 PM

We caught magnum whites on live shad between Cranes Mill and the river last Saturday during the TSA tourny there. All in about 20-30 fow
Posted By: wrknonit

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/10/16 08:07 PM

Thanks fella's. I hoping they might move up river here pretty soon. would love to get into some Canyon whites this year.
texas
Posted By: wgpj

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/10/16 09:54 PM

OK so I'll show my ignorance. What is a magnum white bass. please?
Posted By: willweg

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/11/16 01:08 AM

Was all over the lake on Monday. Nothing upriver from Rebecca Creek, but you can still pull through the rapids, at least I could in my G3. Ran down to the well off of Mystic Shores and caught 2 legal striper on minnows and lost one big one, did not expect to get into striper and all I had was an ultra lite. Caught one 8" white. That's my report...
Posted By: chascat

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/11/16 01:33 AM

Magnum to me is when They are over 15" and Really fat. Hope this helps.
Posted By: canyonbass

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/11/16 06:01 PM

Caught 20 and throw back 4 trolling live minnows in 10-20 around entrance to river. Seen lots of fish on the fish finder..

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/12/16 07:45 PM

I trolled live minnows from the mouth up to 3-4 miles up the river yesterday afternoon. Also fished a few tree stumps. And just my luck, there was only ONE, one hungry fish in all that water. Not a white, but a crappie. Guess the wind blew the Whites back into the lake, huh? I'm going to try it again around 3pm. Hope the report is better.

Re: Canyon lake Whites. Any News? - 02/13/16 12:06 PM

Trolled live minnows and artificial from Ramp 10 to about a mile up river, as well as the west cove. Zero, nada, no strikes or even a heart pumping hangup. Plenty of people looking for them with same reports. I'll try again next week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum