Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville next week

Posted By: Jobucko

Lake Lewisville next week - 02/06/16 04:31 PM

If the weather cooperates I plan on going to Lewisville next Wednesday or Thursday looking for hybrids. Any suggestions on areas I might try?
I keep hearing Twin Poles but am still not sure where that is. The only 'Pole' I recognize is the one marking the hump/flat just North of the old fish hatchery. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: benp

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/06/16 04:56 PM

I too would love to hear where the hybrids go in the winter lol, that lake is crazy!
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/06/16 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Jobucko
If the weather cooperates I plan on going to Lewisville next Wednesday or Thursday looking for hybrids. Any suggestions on areas I might try?
I keep hearing Twin Poles but am still not sure where that is. The only 'Pole' I recognize is the one marking the hump/flat just North of the old fish hatchery. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Twin poles is a single pole. The other one got knocked down. It is east of the old hatchery
Posted By: Jobucko

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/07/16 04:02 AM

Thanks Brian. I suspected that was it but just wasn't sure.
Posted By: Odds

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/09/16 07:29 AM

Actually the hump south from twin poles toward the dam would be a place to check out. About halfway or a bit further toward the dam.
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/09/16 03:42 PM

Hickory arm is the best chance to catch hybrids
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/09/16 03:56 PM

ill be out this weekend. dead sticking a pearl fluke is usually productive in water in the 35-50' range. the fish will be suspended in the water column. Use your electronics to find them and then slow down and work them till you get bit. Id start on and around some of the large main lake humps. dont mess with the pole...too shallow this time of year.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/09/16 04:00 PM

I'm a catfish fisherman on Lewisville. I wanna get my wife excited about fishing and was thinking of taking her sandie and hybrid fishing. What kind of lures, how deep is the water your in and how deep are the fish right now. I can locate on my hummingbird I think but want to get my wife hooked so I wanna b successful. Any help I appreciate. Are they on structure now?

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/09/16 04:03 PM

Just saw the last post..thanks!
Posted By: benp

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/09/16 04:06 PM

Cree, I would wait till the fishing gets hot to get her excited. If you go right now you may catch 5 you may catch 30 it depends and if you are new to dead sticking it can be very slow. Not trying to talk you out of it, but if your girl is like mine and I wanted her to get excited I would wait till it is warmer and there is more action. better to take her to the creeks in a few weeks and get her hooked on catching first! The again she may just want to go regardless. Heck, If she is down to fish on Valentines weekend she must be pretty cool!

Re: Lake Lewisville next week - 02/09/16 04:12 PM

take her to the creeks? When sandies start stacking up in the mouth of creeks pre spawn or what?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum