Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos Point

Posted By: opie

Brazos Point - 01/27/16 03:52 PM

Fished there often during early 90's and it was really good fishing. Anyone fished there recently?
Posted By: cowboyfishslayer

Re: Brazos Point - 01/27/16 10:29 PM

Where is that? i haven't heard of it before...
Posted By: sbtay

Re: Brazos Point - 01/28/16 02:56 AM

It was pretty slow last year. I waded pretty far up and down river from the bridge and fly-fished it quite a bit and caught a 3 sandies, 4 crappie and maybe 4 or 5 smallish largemouth from early spring to fall. I bet this year will be much better though with the river being up so much but I don't know if it will be wadeable for those of us without boats!
Posted By: 361V

Re: Brazos Point - 01/28/16 10:13 PM

Can't speak for the fishing but the water level around Brazos Point is great right now. I live directly on the Brazos in Glen Rose and the releases from Granbury have slowed but are great right now. Water has cleared up also. Perfect for canoe, kayaks or wading. Hopefully the big flooding releases several times this past year will have replenished the sand bass and striper population with fish down from Granbury and up from Whitney. One way to find out! Post your results!
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Brazos Point - 01/29/16 12:57 AM

Have a budy will be there tomorrow with the flyrod. I know they are past paint rock for sure and big as well as stripers mixed in.
Posted By: opie

Re: Brazos Point - 01/29/16 03:53 PM

Thanks for the information. good luck with your fishing.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Brazos Point - 01/30/16 03:53 AM

Had friend over there today no sandbass yet. Had another above hams did ok
Posted By: ebl

Re: Brazos Point - 01/31/16 11:39 PM

tell me the location of Brazos Point. Is his a different place than the village Brazos off of 281highway ?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Brazos Point - 02/01/16 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: ebl
tell me the location of Brazos Point. Is his a different place than the village Brazos off of 281highway ?

the bridge that crosses the Brazos on CR 1118 & CR 1175. This road goes from 200 to 56
Posted By: ebl

Re: Brazos Point - 02/02/16 01:46 AM

Diesel... thanks now I know. the "walk across texas by Jon Mcconal; cover is Jon An me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum