Texas Fishing Forum

Granbury

Posted By: rbadley

Granbury - 01/23/16 02:41 AM

Headed to Granbury for the 2nd time ever tomorrow. Any advice/info on finding whites this time of the year. Going to be around main lake mostly. Thanks
Posted By: ebl

Re: Granbury - 01/23/16 03:34 PM

dress warm and fish near town

Re: Granbury - 01/24/16 01:13 PM

Was tough out there yesterday. Fished around just south of 377 up to what's called Brazos Bend on my map. Marked lots but they had lock jaw. Saw 3 other boats out doing the same thing and they didn't seem to be catching either.

My question is this: anyone else see the large amount of dead threadfin shad up by Brazos bend around navigational bouy #75? Saw lots of birds diving so automatically thought we had found a school of fish. As we go closer there was lots of dead shad floating.
Posted By: mwacosta

Re: Granbury - 01/25/16 12:15 PM

Those dead shad were the result of a huge huge flock of cormorants that i spooked. they were kiling shad and the gulls were feeding up a storm. You must of came after I kicked them up.

Afternoon bite on Granbury that day was sad. Best fish are midlake to Sandy point.

Re: Granbury - 01/25/16 01:43 PM

You must of been in the Ranger CC. I was in the white Nitro Bay CC. Good to hear that it was from cormorants.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum