Texas Fishing Forum

live bait fishing with xi5

Posted By: liketofishalot

live bait fishing with xi5 - 12/22/15 01:12 AM

does anyone use the anchor mode to hang baits for hybrids and stipers or does it move sround too mich
just got one and wondering what the possibilities are
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: live bait fishing with xi5 - 12/22/15 02:24 AM

I use my terrova for that very thing in the Summer, works great and makes it easier to keep up with em. the cruise control and follow the contour are perfect for that type of fishing. I assume the xi5 has all those features as well. You will really love those machines
Posted By: dlmyers

Re: live bait fishing with xi5 - 12/23/15 07:24 PM

Liketofishalot, Absolutely! I've had great success with the xi5 live bait fishing at possum kingdom suspending perch in my rod holders. I anchor on a school and when the school moves I troll the contour and stop when I find them again, some of the biggest hits have been during my move from point A to B. Love it! Great for turning the non fishing members of my family into catchers because about the time it gets boring and they start moving around the boat their rod tip buries under the water surface. Also, I find the navionics boating app very helpful in conjunction with my elite7. I keep the elite7 on sonar, and my phone as my countour guide...sit nice and comfortable like on the leaning post while I let the trolling motor and baits work.
Posted By: liketofishalot

Re: live bait fishing with xi5 - 12/24/15 12:16 AM

awesome
cant wait to get it hooked up
and on the water
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum