Texas Fishing Forum

Dec 9 on Texoma

Posted By: Axman9

Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/10/15 05:28 PM

Launched outta the parking lot at Highport about 2:30 yesterday. Water still up but not too stained. Water temp 57 - 59 F depending on where you are.

Fished around Hog and Wood Islands with sassys and belly spinners. No takers. Marked a lot of fish in the river channel and did some dead sticking but no luck. Headed back East and saw Ken Zachary catching stripers. I hung around a while and nada....

Headed back to High Port about 5 p.m. and saw some swirls as the lake was pretty calm. Pulled out a couple of belly spinners and it was on. I was throwing 5/8 ounce heads. One rig had a white grub and one had a green metalflake sassy. I don't really think color meant anything. Coulda thrown out a hook with a gum wrapper on it and they'd hit it. smile

Felt like old times.

Kept 2 for dinner and came in about dark. Definitely a late, late bite.

Posted By: Stripers Inc.

Re: Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/10/15 06:22 PM

Great Job Ax!
I haven't tried using lures that much this season and I'm glad to see that they are producing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/10/15 07:34 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: Kahuna

Re: Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/10/15 11:50 PM

Why is your skin so orange? You hanging with Trump now. Glad you found em Joe.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/11/15 12:52 AM

Nice!!! I thought I saw your truck at highport yesterday coming home. Good Job Ax
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/11/15 01:50 AM

Good job, Axman! Thanks for the report.
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/11/15 03:37 AM

nice report , thanks
Posted By: Axman9

Re: Dec 9 on Texoma - 12/11/15 04:04 PM

Kahuna....late in the day...ya know....that thing they call sunset. smile Plus orange sweat shirt. I guess I'm getting as old as Patrick. smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum