Texas Fishing Forum

Bait....just wondering....

Posted By: Axman9

Bait....just wondering.... - 11/19/15 04:14 PM

I normally (when things get really bad :)) don't use bait. However this week end I might be forced to. Northern coming in and we are taking the soldiers out Saturday. I sure want them to "feel the tug" not just ride around in 3 foot waves. smile

So, what do you guys think about catching bait Friday and keeping them overnight? Not necessarily in a bait tank though. If they are put on ice will they stay firm enough to use as cut bait on Saturday (may have to search for catfish)?

I don't have time to dry them out and salt them. That's a good way to use shad on jug lines.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Striper Lifer

Re: Bait....just wondering.... - 11/19/15 04:27 PM

Should be fine. I fished for cats a lot once upon a time and would almost always get bait and fish it later. Better to bag it and keep it on ice, but out of the water. The cats will eat it if they are eating anything.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Bait....just wondering.... - 11/19/15 05:36 PM

Agree, Bag them, with Salt water, and freeze or put on Ice, I have used Perch and Shad in this manner, and have done well. never have done the Dry and Salt, for Jugs, so may have to try that. thanks and good luck with the Men.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Bait....just wondering.... - 11/20/15 02:10 AM

Thanks guys about the bagging tip! Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum