Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin echomap 73sv

Posted By: Coachzee

Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/17/15 02:37 PM

Does anybody have an opinion about this unit? How it compares to the bird and lowrance one in its same class? Bass pro is having a Black Friday sale on it and I do not have any side scan on the boat and am very intrigued by the price. I am scouring reviews on the internet about it and would like to hear you, the pros, thoughts about it. Thanks for any feedback!!
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/17/15 09:00 PM

Nick It sounds like a good unit. Comparing it to the new Helix 9 SI the only difference is mapping cards. I don't think it will take Navionics. But everything else is the same.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/17/15 09:12 PM

I have the 93SV,..sweet..! love the easy use.

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/17/15 11:55 PM

Thx Keith and Jim. Keep the feedback coming if you have some. How clear is the DI and SI? Can you tell a difference in quality from a bird garmin lowrance unit? Is it just as sharp? I have liked all the info I have seen and read on the web so far about the unit.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/18/15 09:24 PM

Garmin has great customer service, I've called them a couple of times and nothing but great.
I lost the cover for mine and they sent me a new one for nothing,..about a 25$ cover.
My screens are crystal clear, easy to change and select. The gps boots up in seconds..I like that.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/19/15 12:59 PM

PM David at Shut -up - And -Fish.
Posted By: LeoCruz

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/21/15 01:40 AM

Hey man u may wanna wait till mid Dec or early Jan bc the new garmins will b out with chirp side scan n down scan on a 7in screen for $500 I think there called the striker series they might already b available on there web site
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/21/15 09:46 PM

Thanks, Leo! Just read up on it. Wow lots of packed features for the price. I till have the traditional 2D graph. It still catches fish but it may be time to upgrade smile decisions decisions lol

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/21/15 10:51 PM

Thx Leo and everyone who has chimed in! Budget is a little tight this time of year and just paying the last bills off from having a kid 7 months ago. Gonna have to keep waiting for my ever elusive side scan unit. I have seen prices in general just dropping from when I first started looking 2 years ago so I guess that's good.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/23/15 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: LeoCruz
Hey man u may wanna wait till mid Dec or early Jan bc the new garmins will b out with chirp side scan n down scan on a 7in screen for $500 I think there called the striker series they might already b available on there web site

It looks like the Striker series is lacking any sort of base map or the ability to read map cards. This is a deal breaker for me.
Posted By: WeaponOfBassDestruction

Re: Garmin echomap 73sv - 11/26/15 12:22 AM

Just bought my 73sv Sunday from cabelas. They price matched bass pros black friday sale and let me buy it right then!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum