Texas Fishing Forum

BUCHANAN

Posted By: rebait

BUCHANAN - 10/10/15 09:44 PM

Any recent reports for fall striper fishing on Buchanan. Would like to go mid week and haven't been there since the spring. Looks like a lot of new water.
Posted By: ifishlbj

Re: BUCHANAN - 10/11/15 03:15 PM

Try the Austin Bass Fishing Forum. Several guys on there fish Buchanan and other Highland Lakes. Let us know how you do on Buch.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: BUCHANAN - 10/12/15 02:59 PM

Fishing has been tough but getting better. These fronts are helping.

Re: BUCHANAN - 10/12/15 09:36 PM

I guess fish are still in the lower end with the high temps staying up. We will give it a try Wed. pm and Thur am. I wonder if there will be any surface action?
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: BUCHANAN - 10/13/15 03:00 PM

There may be some surface action. I usually see surface action down by the damn first light. Dont be scared to fish shallow around all the flooded willows.

Re: BUCHANAN - 10/15/15 12:07 PM

It was very slow. Surface action was very scattered in small clusters that lasted for 3 seconds or less and didn't resurface for minutes at a time. Shad was difficult to locate, finally found it in Silver Creek.24 hours of fishing resulted in 1 5# striper and 1 12" black bass. 5 jug lines caught no catfish. It will be better next time.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: BUCHANAN - 10/16/15 12:29 PM

Friends of mine just got back from Buchanan and fished three days. Did good all three days. Top water in the early morning and then down rigging in the late afternoon.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: BUCHANAN - 10/17/15 01:38 PM

Fished Buchanan this past week for two days. Top water bite is on. Fish are surfacing just after daybreak. Also down rigging is good during afternoon and early evening. Did very good both days I fished.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum