Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone have a Gvine report?

Posted By: 79scooter

Anyone have a Gvine report? - 10/04/15 12:52 AM

Going to hit it in the morning, got a hankering for some fried fish. I'll post a report tomorrow evening hopefully they will be on the same pattern as they were my last report. If anyone has anything to report today it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scooter
Posted By: skeeter175

Re: Anyone have a Gvine report? - 10/04/15 11:54 AM

I went mon. for crappie,found several small schools of fish chasing shad west of the rock crusher,we started casting into them and found them to be mostly small lmb,with a few decent sandbass mixed in,most schools we saw did not stay up more than 10 min.,marked a few areas between murrel and the island that looked like sandys stacked up on the humps but did not fish them,even caught a few sandys off of brush piles while crappie fishing,I think the best way to describe the fish on grapevine right now is scattered and small,hopefully the birds will return soon and help out a little bit.
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: Anyone have a Gvine report? - 10/05/15 01:11 AM

Thanks Skeeter.

Launched at Dove Loop and sandbass were working shad at the boat ramp. Left them to the 3 boats fishing them. Went to the island and found fish scattered and most were short striking the slab, so looked elsewhere. Next stop was the winner, fished a hump in 30ft that went up to 18ft. Caught fish 25-18 foot. Caught fish evey drop for the next 3 hours with many doubles. All fish were legal sized up to 16 inches. Fish were hitting slabs chartreuse/white and white flie above. Turned in to a boat show after the first 30 mins we were there. Even had a guide roll up with us. Lot of fish were caught by all around. Kept 38 between me and my buddy.

Thanks,
Scooter
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum