Texas Fishing Forum

South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015

Posted By: Dennis Christian

South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/21/15 09:12 PM

FYI, as previously reported, I had not been able to find significant concentrations of fish south of Long Ridge all year. Today I tried again and found fish (40 caught and released) at 3 spots: Saint Annes Point East, Swing-set Hump and Dam Ridge West of Pole. Left all 3 spots still catching fish. I also checked Flagpole Point, 60 Acre Hump, Birdhouse Point and East Dam Hump, but found no concentrations there. Fish were in 13 to 18 fow, and I used a #2 Mepps keeping my boat down sun from the fish to minimize chance of spooking them.
Posted By: justchillin

Re: South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/21/15 09:33 PM

Thank you Mr. Christian for the report. I have some # 3 mepps, but no # 2's. Have you ever tried # 3's ?? If so, could you tell the difference in the way the fish reaction was as far as wanting that size difference. Thank you.

Re: South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/21/15 11:05 PM

We've caught lots of fish on 3's, but you'll just have to try them now to see if their size is close enough to the shad the fish are feeding on.
Posted By: hook'em69

Re: South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/22/15 02:51 AM

Justchillin: I did try #3 mepps with some snap sinkers above, I caught almost the same fish as #2 mepps.
Posted By: justchillin

Re: South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/22/15 10:39 AM

Thanks for the response gentlemen. I will have to give it a try this weekend.
Posted By: Bry Fly

Re: South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/22/15 01:01 PM

Thanks Dennis! As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I am a big fan of your Mepps technique and always appreciate your reports. Hope to fish with you someday.

Re: South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/22/15 02:03 PM

Bryan, it is certainly satisfying to see you and others on TFF reporting that you are having success with the Mepps technique. That was my goal in writing my story and making the video. I would like to fish with you too sometime at either Ray Hubbard or Tawakoni or both. I like to fish their white bass tournaments and would like to learn more of the structures at each lake.
Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: South end of Cedar Creek starting to produce 9/21/2015 - 09/22/15 05:22 PM

Thanks for the report Dennis. Thanks for checking the fishing right in front of my house. I saw someone trolling 60 acre hump last time we were there. They had some luck on the west side of the hump. I didnt go check there with the humminbird. I might scan it this weekend.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum