Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19

Posted By: Bry Fly

Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19 - 09/21/15 08:38 PM

Fished Tawakoni last Thursday and Saturday. Some brief on again and off again schooling of Hybrids early. Saturday this action occurred around Holiday and Wolf humps for quite some time. Have been catching alot of Sand Bass around some of the major humps, dropoffs and other structure. Sun Point, Holiday Humps, Finger point, State Park humps have all been producing good size and big numbers of Sandies on most trips. Usually at depths of 15-22 ft. If you get on em, catch a few and your sonar screen goes blank, move about 20-30 ft and you'll probably find some more. You might even find that slow drifting over the hump will produce quite well. If I spot lock (anchor) I usually find that I just have to move again in about 3-5 minutes. The fish are not sitting still. Often times Hybrids and Stripers are mixed in and around some of the structure throughout the day. Long cast's with a Moe's slab, Cocomoe Minnows or Mepps Spinner #4 & #2 retrieved Dennis Christian style will put fish in the boat. I am a real fan of the Dennis Christian Mepps technique and consider myself a student of his method. I have followed his post's and watched his videos countless times and have shared it

with many others who have found success as well. I am happy to share any other specifics, just PM me, email (bnims@att.net) text or call at 214-244-4791. Be sure to check and like my Facebook page at Nims Sportfishing for more updates as well. I have plenty of openings, even some this week if you are looking to get out on short notice. Here's pics of recent trips....
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19 - 09/21/15 11:14 PM

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: EPIC Steve

Re: Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19 - 09/22/15 01:49 AM

Good to see a report from Tawakoni. We were there Saterday also from 10 to 4. We found the around Sun Point. My wife caught a 24 inch striper jigging with a tail spinner dark green. Like Bryan said when find them thy don't stay long, just move over till you find them agen. We will try it agen Saterday if you see me stop by and say hi. I heard thy where schooling about an hour before dark.
Thanks for again Bryan for the info
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19 - 09/22/15 03:16 AM

Nice report! Sure need to get somea that soon!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19 - 09/22/15 03:20 AM

Pretty much same pattern when we spot locked on them 2wks ago! We would cast out and wait for slab to hit bottom and bounced them back was the ticket!
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19 - 09/22/15 01:37 PM

Great report Bryan. Those humps you named are all you need for a good day at tawakoni...
Posted By: KMX

Re: Tawakoni Report 9-17, 9-19 - 09/22/15 05:49 PM

Thanks for the report!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum