Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Whitney this Sunday.

Posted By: Gonzo89

Lake Whitney this Sunday. - 09/16/15 08:33 PM

I am going to lake Whitney this Sunday with my girlfriends father. They just purchased property down around the lake and he wants me to go out with him on his 20' deck boat. It has a 15 year old eagle depth finder that I've never used so I'm not too sure about it. Can you guys give me some pointers or some spots to search? I'm just looking for whites, I would like to find stripers but I'd rather go for the easier catch since he hasn't fished in 20 years. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Maybe a map?? Lol
Posted By: fmclee

Re: Lake Whitney this Sunday. - 09/16/15 10:25 PM

Sent you a PM
Posted By: HighTech Redneck

Re: Lake Whitney this Sunday. - 09/17/15 06:14 PM

The stripers have been shallow. That's going to be hard if not impossible in a deck boat, especially if you don't have a trolling motor. Run the big motor up shallow and you'll spook the fish out and upset a lot of boats too. The sand bass have been in 15 to 20' of water in the mouths of creek, best on chartreuse 3/4oz slabs. Might try trolling cranks baits along the edges and ledges at the mouth of creeks and on main lake humps. Good luck!
Posted By: Gonzo89

Re: Lake Whitney this Sunday. - 09/18/15 03:12 PM

Thank you for the responses. Turns out we will be taking my 16.6 deep v aluminum boat due to his trailer axle breaking this morning and the boat having to be towed via a flatbed to a shop who won't be able to fix it by this weekend. At least I will have my graph and we should be able to run pretty shallow in my boat. If we have any luck I will put up a short report. Fingers crossed!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum