Texas Fishing Forum

Hybrids-Ray Roberts

Posted By: FarrisFishing

Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/16/15 02:44 AM

I've noticed that TP&W fishing reports for Ray Roberts are now listing for Hybrids but they use to only list for whites. Looks like the changed happened when the reports starting coming back in after all the ramp closers for the May flooding.

So are there Hybrids on Ray Roberts now? Have they always been there or did they come in with the flooding and hybrid lakes releasing water up stream?
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/16/15 02:52 AM

Not according to the TPWD website: https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=0622
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/16/15 03:15 AM

They don't stock them but I've caught a few. Maybe someone released some into the lake.
Posted By: cob

Re: Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/16/15 09:14 AM

I caught the only one I ever saw in 23 yrs guiding on Roberts. Current lake record at 7 lbs plus. I don't have a clue how it got there.
Lindy Roberts
Posted By: gborg

Re: Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/16/15 11:32 AM

Could the lake sustain Hybrids ? That would be a plus, except for the bb fisherman, crappie, bluegill etc. !
Posted By: Thunderbolt

Re: Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/16/15 04:07 PM

Last week or so I caught a fish out there that could have been a hybrid. My first thought when I saw it was hybrid but I didn't looked at the tooth patch. I wasn't keeping fish that day and they were schooling a little bit so I got it back in the water fairly quickly. However, I did measure it before letting it go and it was over 15". If it wasn't a hybrid it was the biggest sandbass I had caught in Ray Roberts.
Posted By: get-bit

Re: Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/16/15 06:23 PM

The only hybrid I have seen on Roberts was the one Lindy caught.
Posted By: Gonecatching

Re: Hybrids-Ray Roberts - 09/17/15 01:29 AM

Back in 88-89 I use to fish this lake and to the present and the game warden (officer Hand) then was checking to see if you were catching/keeping whites or hybrid? They made it a point to inspect all the fish to see if you had the hybrids and I believe they did stock them to see if they would survive because I have caught several and have always checked the teeth.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum