Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: Flipside Outdoors

Joe Pool - 09/10/15 08:02 PM

I have tried very unsuccessfully to find the sand bass on Joe Pool NUMEROUS times. I know its not a good sand bass lake but its much closer to me than other lakes. Any one have some tips on where I should be looking? I have tried the hump across from lynn creek marina and firemans hump but I've never seen anything of particular interest on my side scan.
Posted By: dw173

Re: Joe Pool - 09/10/15 10:00 PM

They are schooling in the evenings off Estes point. I have also seen them schooling on the east side of the north bridge over the creek channel. Good luck.
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: Joe Pool - 09/11/15 02:04 PM

The fish are not grouped up on humps. You might catch a few but the majority of the fish are in open water chasing bait. Start scanning points and waiting for fish to school. If you do find them schooling they will not stay around long. Like mentioned above the majority of the fish are around the Lynn creek area. Wish I could give you some good news but there is no real set pattern. Plenty of fish but scattered.
Posted By: Flipside Outdoors

Re: Joe Pool - 09/12/15 06:04 PM

Thanks for the tips. JP Guide service, I'm going to have to hire you to show me what the hell I'm doing.
Posted By: Mark Ray

Re: Joe Pool - 09/12/15 07:45 PM

Lemme tell you how we caught 50 plus little yellow bass on Thursday. I've never caught a yellow bass in that lake in 6 years of fishing it and all of a sudden after a big flood we got them by the hundreds. I was marking so many of them they looked like forest on the floor of the lake.
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: Joe Pool - 09/12/15 10:39 PM

Obsessive, we caught a bunch early this morning on the main point of Estes park. Use an inline spinner in 5'-15' of water and hop it along the bottom. Mark the yellows started showing up last year and there are a lot of them. Also I have been catching a lot of Hybrid yellows mixed in with the sandies.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum