Texas Fishing Forum

Had A Little Luck At PK Today

Posted By: TCK73

Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 02:01 AM

After a disappointing last trip to PK, I finally got my kid into some decent fishing. We found some Stripers in the lower end of the lake. He caught a few under sized ones, and the rest were in the 21" to 23" range. The Sand Bass were around as well and doing their thing on top. We got into them for an hour or so and ended up with a nice stringer. All in all, we had a great morning.

First Fish Of The Day

Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 09:32 AM

Happy kids holding fish. Always a good pic.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 11:46 AM

Good times with some Lifetime Memories. It just don't get any better! fish
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 01:29 PM

Nice job!
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 01:34 PM

good stuff right there!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 02:22 PM

Nice Catch. The lake has really cleared up in the last week or so and the fishing is improving. Caught a couple legal stipers and sandies last night that I released. Fishing is definately getting better.

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 02:44 PM

I like fishing that lake. I have not fished it in many years since I travel all over for work, and fished the Gulf mostly when I was down there. We had a house at PK on the point of the Penninsula from 1977until 1994. My grandad and I fished there 3-5 days a week when I was a kid during the summer. I miss having the house there. I think PK will be really good the next few years if we don't get another Algae Kill.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 08/31/15 03:19 PM

Nice!
Posted By: WOODCONNOR

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 09/01/15 04:17 PM

Good to hear someone is having some luck!
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 09/02/15 04:00 AM

grin
Posted By: Dirtbike Fisher

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 09/03/15 03:59 PM

Very nice fish.. I will be at PK this weekend on the far north west side and will limited to my kayak.. do you any tips where I should launch to try and find some Sandie's or stripers?

Re: Had A Little Luck At PK Today - 09/03/15 06:45 PM

If your near the State Park, there is a ramp there, and usually some fair fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum