Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Report Aug 23-25

Posted By: Dennis Christian

Cedar Creek Report Aug 23-25 - 08/26/15 03:30 PM

Had brother-in-law Rick come up from Baytown for some white bass fishing here at CC. We went out 3 times: Sunday afternoon for 3 hours caught 51: 41 whites, 5 keeper yellow bass, 2 cats, 2 short hybrids and a 20 inch hybrid; Monday morning for 4 hours caught: 64: 50 whites, 8 cats, 3 keeper yellow bass and 3 legal hybrids; and Tuesday afternoon for 4 hours caught 66: 61 whites, 2 cats, 1 yellow bass and 2 short hybrids.

Details: On Sunday we caught them at Saint Annes Point East and Key Ranch in 15 fow mostly on #2 Mepps and a few off the dock right after we returned as fish began schooling within casting distance. On Monday we found them all at Iron Wall Hump in 22 fow and caught them on #4's. Tuesday we caught them at Key Ranch Drop-off and the Rock Pile in 15 fow with #2's and at Enchanted Isle Ridge in 22 fow with #4's and #2's.

Here are some pics of our trips:

Rick with nice white bass on Sunday afternoon:

Rick with 20 inch hybrid caught off dock:

Yours truly with nice white bass Sunday PM:

Rick with nice white on Monday:

Rick with catfish on Monday:

Yours truly with hybrid on Monday:

Yours truly with blue cat on Monday:

Rick with nice white on Tuesday after the rain:
Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: Cedar Creek Report Aug 23-25 - 08/26/15 07:08 PM

I drove by on Saturday and noticed your boat was not in the slip. I assumed you were out catching, sounds like I was correct. I'll be out this weekend, will try a few of the place you mentioned. As always thanks for the information.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Cedar Creek Report Aug 23-25 - 08/27/15 02:11 AM

Great, very specific report! Thank you for sharing. I want to try to come down there soon. Maybe this weekend. I hope to see you there.

jeff

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cedar Creek Report Aug 23-25 - 08/27/15 03:08 AM

coolphotos Good times!
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Cedar Creek Report Aug 23-25 - 08/27/15 12:40 PM

Nice report Dennis!
Posted By: central texas

Re: Cedar Creek Report Aug 23-25 - 08/27/15 09:24 PM

I have been following your post ,thanks for your fishing reports. Love learning a thing or two from the more seasoned generation of fisherman. Just think of all the happy memories you have created by taking out a few in your boat. God bless.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum