Texas Fishing Forum

I keep trying

Posted By: kerh2o

I keep trying - 08/23/15 02:28 AM

Skunked tonight at holiday humps at Twak. . Success is about 50/50. Could not find them on the sonar or end of my rod. Threw everything at them.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: I keep trying - 08/23/15 02:46 AM

I've learned over the years that you can't always force the action at your favorite or a particular spot. Sometimes they are just not there - you have to go elsewhere (to another spot ), and sometimes they are there but these fish just won't bite and you have to go elsewhere.

Re: I keep trying - 08/23/15 02:54 AM

I appreciate your comment. You are so right. Tried the Mepps 4and 2. Conditions were not conducive. I do follow you comments Dennis. I really appreciate it.
Posted By: MJHartman

Re: I keep trying - 08/23/15 12:55 PM

Let the East winds get out of here, and try it again. The ridge between the humps and pumpstation was loaded up with fish the other night we caught two catfish ,and a dink. Hot water ,and east wind not ideal conditions.We went all over the lake thur.night,Everything had lockjaw.Return of a South wind ,and cooler nights should help IMO.
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: I keep trying - 08/23/15 01:15 PM

What is the thing with east winds? Always heard of that famous saying, "when the wind is from the east, the fish bite the least." It must be talking about the time of year/season when the wind blows from the east, which I guess is summer.

Re: I keep trying - 08/23/15 04:06 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: I keep trying - 08/23/15 07:35 PM

I've head that saying my whole life but totally ignore it, just as I ignore the Solunar tables.
Posted By: etu

Re: I keep trying - 08/23/15 10:00 PM

Myth! But it is a good excuse bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum